Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
I've been meaning to start a thread for my VZ SSZ ute which i got about 6 months ago for a while now, i've done a few things since owning it, so here it is …

Model:

VZ SSZ ute

Colour:

Impulse Blue

Engine:

LS1 (5.7L)

Gearbox:

T56 (6 Speed Manual)

Exhaust:

1 7/8" Pacemaker extractors
100cpsi Magnaflow cats
2.5" stainless steel twin Magnaflow pipes with a Magnaflow x-pipe
Magnaflow hotdog resonators
Magnaflow rear muffler with twin tips

Interior:

Blue SSZ emboided leather seats
SSZ dual binnacle gauges (volt and oil pressure)

Suspension:

Front - King Springs (KHFL-47HD+)
Rear - Lovells (HRS-66)

Wheels:

Factory 18" SSZ wheels painted gloss white

Future Mods:

Varrstoen ES2 (TE37 Replica) wheels in 19 x 8.5 +28 front and 19 x 9.5 +34 rear in either matte black or a matte gold/bronze colour
Alloy OTR and custom MAFless tune
Lower front bumper mesh insert which came standard on VZ SS sedan's etc. (no idea why they didn't come on the ute variants???)
3.9 diff gears
Harrop anti-tramp diff cover
Contemplating a VZ Calais chrome front grill insert for the bonnet and also a VZ Maloo tailgate … let me know what your thoughts on this are?

Pictures:

Please, feel free to leave any comments/feedback ...

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
Hey guys, it’s been about 3.5 years since i’ve posted in here but I still own the SSZ and over the last 6 months it’s had a fair bit of work done with a lot more to come in the near future...

The T56 has been rebuilt:

- brand new 1st and 2nd gear
- all new synchros bearings and seals etc.
- genuine rip shifter

The diff has also been completely rebuilt:

- truetrac centre
- 3.91 gears
- harrop sports diff cover

Suspension has also had a complete overhaul:

- front XYZ coilovers
- rear accuair airbag suspension

Basically the entire car has been fitted out with superpro bushes both in the front end and the rear

Also running staggered vossen cv3’s, specs are as follows:

Front:

20 x 9 +20 (245/35/20)

Rear:

20 x 10.5 +27 (275/35/20)

Also managed to have my brakes painted yellow during the week - contrasts a lot better with the colour of my car than the factory red brakes did!

Will posts some up to date photo’s over the weekend but just thought i’d give you guys a run down for now! Cheers

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Keen to see pictures of this, very similar setup to how I want my Maloo actually, was it much effort to get the 10.5 rear under the ass of it?

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
Keen to see pictures of this, very similar setup to how I want my Maloo actually, was it much effort to get the 10.5 rear under the ass of it?

hey mate sorry for the delayed response! to be honest it was a little bit of an effort to get them underneath, a lot of time and patience rolling the guards - basically about as far as you can pump out the rear guards i would say, i was pretty much at the point where i was rolling and i wasn't pushing them any further out... when i'm aired out i literally have about 1-2mm clearance so it's worked out perfect and as for the inside guard i had to grind a tiny little bit out so it didn't scrub on the inside but yeah overall it wasn't too bad!

glasey2495

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VP Calais
hey guys, it isn’t much but here’s a couple of photo’s from over the weekend - i’m stoked with how it’s looking at the moment

let me know what you guys think!

64AC4BF1-8574-4EC6-95D5-E908C3B9FE92.jpeg
5B57927E-3145-42EB-93F8-37EE5DB2EA6C.jpeg
745A2214-F8A9-4F16-BAFF-FBF434C26EFB.jpeg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
hey mate sorry for the delayed response! to be honest it was a little bit of an effort to get them underneath, a lot of time and patience rolling the guards - basically about as far as you can pump out the rear guards i would say, i was pretty much at the point where i was rolling and i wasn't pushing them any further out... when i'm aired out i literally have about 1-2mm clearance so it's worked out perfect and as for the inside guard i had to grind a tiny little bit out so it didn't scrub on the inside but yeah overall it wasn't too bad!
Cars looking great in the pictures above, keep them coming. On my Maloo I'll be running a shortened IRS rear and springs rather than bags so hopefully between those two should be able to get it done with not too much of an issue and won't need to worry about clearance at aired out.