Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Nope don't have to do anything to the timing cover, there is 2 spacer plates for the oil pump and thats it, exact same installation as a single row but 30 seconds more putting spacers in, it literally isn't any easier or harder installing single vs double.

and yea i know they break still, everything breaks but its stronger then a single at high rpm.

I installed a rollermaster double row in mine, exact same brand you brought but double :p

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Nope don't have to do anything to the timing cover, there is 2 spacer plates for the oil pump and thats it, exact same installation as a single row but 30 seconds more putting spacers in, it literally isn't any easier or harder installing single vs double.

and yea i know they break still, everything breaks but its stronger then a single at high rpm.

I installed a rollermaster double row in mine, exact same brand you brought but double :p

gg. skid contest see who's timing chain breaks first? :p

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Summit order arrived the other week, good **** ready to go in. Over the next few months the motor will be coming out for a cam swap, new surge tank going in with the DW350il replacing the 044.

image-1024x768.jpeg

image-3-1024x768.jpeg

image-4-1024x768.jpeg