Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VY Calais - 'Calais 2.0'

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Still unsure of this Nath. Doesnt have the appea the VS had..ill miss you v 1.0.

Let the mods begin though.
Will be an interesting build.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Looking sexy man! when you sent the first pic to me when you went to look at the car I knew you would be buying it straight away! , now hurry up and get that fugly yellow NSW plates off and get some nice black n white VIC ones ;P

yeah lol! nsw plates won't be going for a while though unfortunately the rego is pretty long and i intend to use it . unless i have some money bags fall from the sky and ill do the rwc early.

The interior is an interesting look. I also own a Vespers Blue (718H) 2003 VY1 Calais but mine has the shale (beige) leather interior... and an L67. Either way I thought the VS Calais looked sweet considering Ive owned 3 cars that have all been Calais' and started with a series one VS myself your definately on the right path.

Nice, IMO Calais is almost the only ones worth getting. L67 would be nice, how does it drive/ compare to an L36?

Nice buy man, very clean with low km's. Supersports would look sweet.

Further down the track, go for the VYII Calais body kit and VZ Calais tail lights. It'll clean up the overall look even more.

Yeah definitely, was looking at that before I even bought the car lol. VYII If anything because the VZ Bonnets and Front guards are all different, too much of a mission.

Still unsure of this Nath. Doesnt have the appea the VS had..ill miss you v 1.0.

Let the mods begin though.
Will be an interesting build.

Haha, the VS is tougher at the moment but just wait...

Enjoying driving this one so much more than the VS. Definitely needs and exhaust and a cai though...

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ill be waiting.. And watching. Everyday. For updates like v 1.0 had.

You got this one so quickly!

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ill be waiting.. And watching. Everyday. For updates like v 1.0 had.

You got this one so quickly!

Yep lol, the VS's roadworthy and sale took a good 2 weeks and I was looking at cars the whole time hahah.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Trust you to get a Calais to..
Hows she drive anyways? Putting it against v1.0

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
wow stoked to see a new calais in your hands man, this should be awesome because your other one was sick!

loving the blue leather interior, its not tacky it just fits in perfectly. soo jelly!

BRING ON THE MODS!

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Woooooooow mate, saw it on facebook but I didn't realise it was so cheap and with leather.
I would almost consider upgrading the ute if I could find a calais with blue leather and this many clicks for 9g.
Either way mate, looks soooo clean, I can't wait to see it slapped on supers with a moonroof!

brinz96VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais
cant believe you let the vs calais go man.
the projector lights in these are pretty good, you should swap the globes for H9, cheap and effective upgrade.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Trust you to get a Calais to..
Hows she drive anyways? Putting it against v1.0

ah you know me :p

I can't say this enough, there is absolutely no comparison - everything is 100% better, a new level completely.
Handling is brilliant, torque and acceleration are even good!

wow stoked to see a new calais in your hands man, this should be awesome because your other one was sick!

loving the blue leather interior, its not tacky it just fits in perfectly. soo jelly!

BRING ON THE MODS!

Cheers dude! I know I almost died when I saw it :p

To be honest my heart broke a little when I bought my last calais because I didn't know it had a green pearl in it til I saw it lol.
Owning a blue car again has definitely made the year haha.

Woooooooow mate, saw it on facebook but I didn't realise it was so cheap and with leather.
I would almost consider upgrading the ute if I could find a calais with blue leather and this many clicks for 9g.
Either way mate, looks soooo clean, I can't wait to see it slapped on supers with a moonroof!

yeah man good deals are out there just gotta be on the lookout and in the right place at the right time.

actually thinking I might go pentagons yet.. we'll see...

cant believe you let the vs calais go man.
the projector lights in these are pretty good, you should swap the globes for H9, cheap and effective upgrade.

yeah, it was a tough decision but so glad i did. what do you mean h9? is that the globe type?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
pentagons > supersports =P

so updates everyday i heard.
get cracking on it =P

so whats it like being in a vy/vz interior with leather in comparison to the VS
ive been in standard and leather VZ's but never enough to tell much of a difference.
for the initial go the leather felt nice. but does it always feel like this or does the feeling wear off? (well seeing you drove for 10+hrs you should know)
and if they are good... anyone know a price to get VS seats retrimmed? =P