Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

naughty roo's

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
i nearly hit a roo, and the damage was me up an imbankment, and im so releived, no damage cept i need a new front right hand gaurd, and bang out of the bottom side thing a new tyre, which is lucky cause im getting new tyres and rims tomorrow, so i dedicate this thread to accidents and roo's

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
My mum rolled her car once because of a Roo. Datsun 120 Y if I remember right. Thankfully, I havent been in the situation before

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's why you go 80 through the places the Kangaroos live :p worst case then is a broken light and a sore kangaroo

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i've hit a couple did mean damage to my 929. i was going like 140 in the NT. I got sweet revenge by killing all three of them. I hate roos

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have had my current car damaged by roos, and every car previous. So I got some of those electronic shu-roo things. They sound like a giant grasshopper and if you are infront of them too long they make you want to spew.

Dogs hate it. It has saved our arses some 10 or 15 times. sometimes they have spacked out in front of the car from it. Foxes run from it, the only thing that doesn't give a stuff is cows and sheep. They can write off a car and no bull bar or roo bar will save you.

Get a shu-roo, they work their arses of!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I hit a wallaby once, it's almost the same thing as a kangaroo!! :p

Anyway, it was about 2am and I was doing about 100k's and it hopped right out in front of me! Out of no-where! And the thump that it made, was that loud and well...it just sounded like damage basically. I thought my front bumper had to be gone for sure!! So, when I got home, I got out of the car, with my hands over my eyes saying "How bad is it? I can't look!!" but there was no damage at all!!

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I've seen what they can do to a vehicle.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I had to hit the brakes in the families VS when a roo jumped out on my home in the wet... locked up the brakes doin 100km/h and straight on into a guard rail. Just over $4,000 damage plus new front tyres after I flat spotted the old ones down to the wire...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You will be able to drill the spot welds out of a VN in the wreckers to get a straight sill panel or Holden might still have them new

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
greenfoam, are you talking bout the side part (not the right gaurd) in pic damage1