Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Navigation issue

J

Jingle Bells

Did not know that the Mylink will play dvd movies....not Blueray....only whilst the car is not moving.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
No major problems with the sat nav. One small little gremlin though, if you do not follow it's directions it says sometimes "perform an illegal U-turn". At first I thought I was hearing things but it has happened enough for me to listen to it to be sure that is what it is saying.

AERO15

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT Aero 5.0
The only issue with satnav, I may be the only one with this issue, is now that I have enabled breadcrumbs, I can't seem to turn it off or untick the box. So I keep getting the "X amount of memory left" message.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to disable breadcrumbs?

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have sat nav you can play dvd movies as the mylink is equipped with a dvd drive, otherwise it is a cd based unit only. I have assumed it is used for updating the sat nav software. Can anyone confirm this. ??

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Had no issues with sat nav until a couple of weeks ago, going to a job at Greenwich. Apparently my destination was 200m ahead when I was here:

ScreenShot2014-07-11at43615pm_zps7b4fbf09.jpg

To be fair, I didn't really want to go to that job either and would have much preferred to spend the afternoon on the water.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
When you hit the destination button, should you be able to type the address straight in? Mine has another step before you can which just seems illogical and I thought it may have been a fault.

coleas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
No major problems with the sat nav. One small little gremlin though, if you do not follow it's directions it says sometimes "perform an illegal U-turn". At first I thought I was hearing things but it has happened enough for me to listen to it to be sure that is what it is saying.

yea my calais V say 'perform an illegal U turn' as well :)

cracks my family up when it does it :)

RavenSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Resline
The only issue with satnav, I may be the only one with this issue, is now that I have enabled breadcrumbs, I can't seem to turn it off or untick the box. So I keep getting the "X amount of memory left" message.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to disable breadcrumbs?

Press the tick, takes you to save screen. Enter anything then press done. Will return to previous screen and Record Box will be unticked. Press on Saved, select what you saved it as then press Delete. History wiped!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great idea about not putting your exact address in the Sat Nav but then dealers put the owners address details in the manual and this is stored in the glovebox.

On the Sat Nav have found it quirky but they are all like this such as this is a digitised road or perform an illegal Uturn. In regard to the icons it is important to save your settings and sometimes the saving settings needs to be done more than once.

The sat nav like all others is only as good as the updates it receives. Any feedback on when is going to be available. ??