Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NBA thread.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
My thoughts are Lakers have bombed badly in the last few years and a veteran team (regardless how good they previously were) just can't get the wins.
Also freeing up cap space for future stars will benefit them more later down the track...

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
My thoughts are Lakers have bombed badly in the last few years and a veteran team (regardless how good they previously were) just can't get the wins.
Also freeing up cap space for future stars will benefit them more later down the track...

Can't free up cap space when they offer Kobe a max contract over the next 3 years which ties up over 70mil.... and he's injured and not even playing. If he took a cut they could have gotten a Carmelo anthony or even lebron james at the end of this year but they can't afford it now because they are over paying Kobe.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lakers got owned by the Clippers 142 -94

Best part of the game below:

[YOUTUBE]OuHMesNPI8k[/YOUTUBE]

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Funny how people overseas watches the sport and here that I live in the USA I do not.

I go sometimes to watch the Globetrotters in the BOK in Tulsa Oklahoma and is enough for me.

My opinion is the MBA is a circus.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
Want to swap houses/lives?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Let me see, might not be a bad idea but the only thing that is not attractive to me are the Gov politics/cost of living.

Other than that I will trade NASCAR and the rest of the other sports for V8 Supercars.
(Except for Baseball, I keep that one)

Do not take me wrong, I like basketball and played a lot back in the days.

To put it in perspective...
Basketball is game that was made for average people, it has a difficulty to it.
Now you have someone with a height advantage that all it has to do is hop and reach the basket, the ball becomes so small that can fir in your palm the difficulty is gone.

As a test, try to play with a kid's size ball and basket high.
You can achieve the same exact moves.
I am 6 FT tall (about 1.80 meters) and played with my sons school basketball court (basket is about 8 ft and ball about a volleyball size).
Was able to slam dunk with ease, grab the ball with one hand and do pretty much the same tricks.

What I suggest to the MBA is to have a height limit or, raise the size of the Ball and Basket height and let see how they perform.
As is right now is like a bunch of adults playing in a kid size court.

And that is why I do not watch it.

Anyway, no disrespect to the people that likes it, just pointing out the reason of why I do not watch it.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
All sports have to have more of an entertainment value than a competitive value these days, hence they will never raise the basketball ring or limit player heights as players dunking or ally oops are what entertains the crowd and what they pay money to see. So while you prefer the competitive side of it, that isn't what pays and the NBA wouldn't survive if they were to support that crowd. But I respect what your saying mate, and you can keep your baseball, that shits boring as haha!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I cannot agree any more with you. :)

As far Baseball; yes it looks boring and more if is watched on TV.
There is more stuff going on when you see it live.
The coaches are signaling, players communicate with signals, who is warming up at the bullpen, who is next at bat, who are in bases, who is the pitcher.
Not a fast pace game, no much action to it, but is more about strategy than physical abilities.
That is why a player can last about 20+ years; the two hardest position (physical) to play are Pitcher and Catcher.