Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Near Miss???

JMiller

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 M6
Hey guys I'm realtively new to the site and have only had my VY SV8 for about two months! I have a question I was hoping someone out there could answer! I think my LS1 mite be missing? I know the Ls1 sounds a bit different than a Holden 5.0L or a Chev but at idle it sure sounds like it's missing? and even a when I'm driving? It feelings smooth but the sound sure could be a miss? So, is this normal for these cars, or am I just being paranoid?

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
do you mean a popping misfire noise? because mine does that too, apparently it is quite normal no stress :)

JMiller

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 M6
Yep! I talked to the holden Dealer too and the dude down there said the same thing!! Just makes me want to get the exhaust done more than ever!! Not being that familar with the LS1 yet, and having it be so quiet the normal blurb from the pipes sounded kind of like a miss-fire? Just glad wasn't a really prob!

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
Yeah when you get the intake, headers, and rest of exhaust done the popping sounds real old school :) nice as, it actually adds to the note