Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need a bit of help

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
g"day all I am restoring a very early VB SLE build number... AVB044887 from what I have been told was one of the very first Commys built on build number reference and body STAMP #s and only built this type of car for the 2-month first production run in late 78 ( no emission cat etc ) while the Torana was kicking arse at Bathurst ! and many parts swap over from V8 Torries
does anyone know of a demister motor conversion as getting an original replacement is like finding rocking horse ****.... they just don't exist any more !! and to cap it off this old girl is a non-air-con type and has the lead coming out and will not wire to a/c types as they are a surface mount plug into the actual motor
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....... ANY...

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
unusual for a genuine factory sle without the air con system fitted .. which would have been the old harrison comp type.

Are you talking about wanting a blower fan or the heater core, which yes both are hard to get since holden shut down and people don't wreck sle's anymore as value has hit the roof even for rusted out ****.

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
unusual for a genuine factory sle without the air con system fitted .. which would have been the old harrison comp type.

Are you talking about wanting a blower fan or the heater core, which yes both are hard to get since holden shut down and people don't wreck sle's anymore as value has hit the roof even for rusted out ****.
thanks for the reply and hopefully help, it is the blower fan ( motor shorted) that I require have added pics pdf to show exactly what I need.
Thanks once again for your help.

Attachments

• HEATER BOX BLOWER MOTOR.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 250

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
thanks for the reply and hopefully help, it is the blower fan ( motor shorted) that I require have added pics pdf to show exactly what I need.
Thanks once again for your help.
Search on Ebay for a seller called Vintage Commodore, he had some back a while, also from memory ?? VB/VH under dash units and possibly VK might also fit since you don’t have the old VB/early VC Harrison type air con with blower in engine bay.

Try this guy/ad, there is a blower in one of the pics.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mar...vh-vk-vl-parts-and-bits-and-pieces/1259829909

or try this ad
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wyn...dore-vb-vc-vh-vk-vl-car-parts-sale/1258724378

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are 2 wreckers in S.A that I know of that have early commodores

Auto Salvage recyclers
(08) 8186 0111

And Active Auto Wreckers

(08) 8522 3222

If you need a hand with collection and drop off to a depot, holla

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Just a bit of info, AVB044887 is NOT a build number, its the chassis number. Something doesn't ad up cause my January 1979 VB is AVB006283

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Just a bit of info, AVB044887 is NOT a build number, its the chassis number. Something doesn't ad up cause my January 1979 VB is AVB006283

.. my thoughts 'zactly Damo

need the rest of the plate info to confirm/deny that being an early build
but also have to say ....early SL/E builds would all have aircon. It was standard
in an SL/E (it was NOT a delete option on VB from memory) plus GMH could not
make enough cars to keep up with demand, so unlikely they would pull a car
offline . to manually do the HVAC install

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Maybe he did a typo and isn't a SLE as well .... maybe its AVB004487 .... built before your January 1979 ... he states it was 1st production built late 1978