Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a level 3 patch loom!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
So lads, this is my first thread, and I didn't want it to be, I've been looking for a relevant thread for months. Anyway, the level 2 dash in my VR Executive has had broken contact points for as long as I've had it. So obviously, no fuel or water temp without a solid whack on the dash. I'm over it, so I bought a level 3 VS cluster, and a loom. I haven't got the trip computer yet, but that can wait. What I've been looking for, is someone who can patch the loom for me. I've seen a few guys did it a while ago, but nobody does it currently. I'm happy to post the loom, and pay for any extra costs that might be involved, provided it's not ridiculous. Can anyone help me out?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Yes can do it for you .... pm me ......normally old mate green88VN would be your go to man but hes out of action for a while
or you could just go through the trippin thread and from info in that thread do it yourself but if you are not confident I can do it and test it and send it back.

jazz it up

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Markovr can u please help me solve a problem?, I recently installed a vs level 3 cluster in my vr v6 ute by using the diagram in the tripin thread and it all went perfect, my new dash is up and running well exept for one problem. .my ####'in air bag light stays on and wont shut up beeping every 2 mins can u please give me some advise is ro why and what to do to fix it wven if it means disabling the air bag I dont care I just need it to stop!!..ive already taken the air bag fuse out but it didnr make any difference! ! Please help..thanks!!

VPGTS076

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp gts
Markovr can u please help me solve a problem?, I recently installed a vs level 3 cluster in my vr v6 ute by using the diagram in the tripin thread and it all went perfect, my new dash is up and running well exept for one problem. .my ####'in air bag light stays on and wont shut up beeping every 2 mins can u please give me some advise is ro why and what to do to fix it wven if it means disabling the air bag I dont care I just need it to stop!!..ive already taken the air bag fuse out but it didnr make any difference! ! Please help..thanks!!

Your running the wrong cluster for your vehicle.

Even tho it will work there were a few revisions VR - VS and if utilising the wrong cluster Airbag couldn't be fixed.

What is the year / vin / original dash part number & new dash part number

thanks
Daniel

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Your running the wrong cluster for your vehicle.

Even tho it will work there were a few revisions VR - VS and if utilising the wrong cluster Airbag couldn't be fixed.

What is the year / vin / original dash part number & new dash part number

thanks
Daniel

Surely it would mean just a wiring mod to get it to work or stop working ..in my vr diagrams the air bag is just a lamp fed a 12+ and the srs module supplies a -ve on a brown wire on inst conn3 term 7 and doesnt have any input to the trip computer at all..but most of my diagrams are vr ..are you sure you didnt switch the car on with the dash disconnected and all it needs is a reset by a tech 2...ill check the vs diagrams for anything.

Gmluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, HSV vp wagon, vu r8 maloo
hey mate I am after a patch loom to install a l3 cluster into my Vn v8. Can you help?? Thanks

Deetorious

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Commodore V8 SS
Im running a VS V8 SS Commodore and looking to install a L3 Cluster, is it just as easy to find this so called patch loom and plug and play or whats the go??

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Im running a VS V8 SS Commodore and looking to install a L3 Cluster, is it just as easy to find this so called patch loom and plug and play or whats the go??
Hi there. The patchloom is easy to make if you have basic wiring skills and access to the plugs from a L3 car. Follow the trip In thread and your 90% there. I'm in phoenix for the next few years and can't help much right now. It make a few hundred patchlooms over the years. Left all my spare loom with a bloke in Adelaide back in 2016.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hello Shane.
How u going?
I need pic of you and the Dodge Ram Van please.