Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a mace tune for vy v6

Quicksix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 series 2 vy
Hi do use do tunes for vy v6 auto have 3.9 m80 LSD 25ml and 12ml spacers cold air intake pacemakers custom y piece 100cell hi flo cat 21/2 inch lukey exhuast single muffler putting 1.95 rockers on soon and 69ml throttle body running chasers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Quicksix,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Hi do use do tunes for vy v6 auto have 3.9 m80 LSD 25ml and 12ml spacers cold air intake pacemakers custom y piece 100cell hi flo cat 21/2 inch lukey exhuast single muffler putting 1.95 rockers on soon and 69ml throttle body running chasers"
We can tune these to suit your modifications however we will not be able to tune it for the diff ratio swap. You would require a tech 2 tool or use a Jaycar correction kit.

CAT. NO. KC5435 SPEEDO CORRECTOR MKII KIT

Speedo Corrector MkII Kit - Jaycar Electronics

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Jason

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
In an auto, once you calibrate the speedo to suit a new diff, will the shift points be stuffed up, and can a mail tune fix this?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Someone correct me if I am wrong but changing the PPK reading on the cluster to suit the new ratio has no affect on the ECU, on the speedo nreading. So the car will still change based on the same figure in the shift table. Speed x throttle position. I would hope any decent tune would be able to provide revised shifting point. Not sure about mail-order though. Have to wait for MACE on that one.