Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a new clutch for a VR V8

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Clutch is starting to slip pretty bad, so I need to buy a new clutch, but I'm not sure what to go with. I have an Exedy sports tuff one in there now, the pink one, and it has been good, and was happy with the pedal feel. The problem is, I have no idea how long it was in there, and how long it has lasted. Does anyone else with an exedy have an idea how long those ones last for?
I'm also looking for other brands that could be good to go with. I have heard of valeo, which is a bit cheaper, but dont know how heavy they are or how good they might be. Any ideas would be great

ryan_exedy

Show Your True Colours
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Commodore Ute S pack
You could go a few ways on this one mate. You'd be best going with either another heavy duty sports tuff or maybe even a cushion button. Cushion is a newer style and they are pretty ridgy didge:yeah: Valeo are not bad but when it comes to performance side of things, you get what you pay for. Thats the way i look at it. hope this helps you out a bit :)

cushion button

Attachments

• cushion.jpg
    cushion.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 121

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
i have an exeedy hd clutch in the ss and its still going strong after 30,000 hard k's

for the 350 odd bucks its worth it..

stay away from rpm clutches too man, ive heard they're really ****