Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a new shed

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Have called up three companies. Two of them don't want to come out and inspect the site to advise on earthworks or any other issues. Will only do that once contract is signed. So who knows what the variations will be once hooked. Both issued quotes site unseen.

Third company came out, inspected the site, marked up the likely boundaries, undertook a brief survey of levels to work out earthworks and retaining wall requirements.

Is it usually like this?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
IMHO, a quote is worthless if they don't know what they are working with to arrive at the quote.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I imagine that the first two companies are sick of going out to a site and then nothing eventuates. Tell them you will sign a contract but you want a fixed price in writing. A good chance you wont hear back from them.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yeah probably. The one that came out was from bayside, the others west. I live westside so its not like its a massive hike.

As a consulting engineer the amount of hours I have to spend on proposals is not insubstantial, but its part and parcel of running a business. I get its annoying, but you gotta spend the time to be in with a chance!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Supply and demand man, right now demand is way higher than supply, so builders and others can afford to be picky. Might be a different story in 18 months when all the 2021 houses are all built and there is no more Federal funds propping them up......

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Good reasoning.
I will look into this a bit further.
would agree with VS 5.0, 1.2m is to wide as you have to also consider warpage of ply from the heat of roof and weight over time, hot air rises and heat builds up, explains the popularity of the whirly birds on shed roofs