Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a new shed

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
This is still dragging through council. They weren't happy with my site plan, despite it showing the boundary overlay. When I measured what I took from the council GIS program and my survey boundaries that came with the house title searches, there was a 95 mm discrepancy over 65 m. So it couldn't have been the accuracy of the plan, just council being a PITA.

Engaged a drafter to come out, measure up and produce a site plan which I have now sent to the town planners.

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
It's never as simple as it seems...

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so the DA was approved, details finalised, signed contracts, paid deposits and the building application went in to council at the start of May.

Still waiting for the BA to be signed off. Apparently the council is swamped plus the usual covid related delays on the shed kit.

I think it will be closer to November by the time this thing is finished. Around one year after I first started making enquiries.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
May hold off the hoist for now - our ducted aircon just **** the bed and I'm up for a $15k replacement.
Heating and cooling can be a real pain when there are issues. Often nobody stock spare parts nor repair units that are more than 5 years old. Replacement always seems the easiest most viable option, at least for the people making a living from such...

Heck, I can't even get a new circuit board for an old water heater that doesn't always turn on but is otherwise in great condition. I suspect it's a sticking $4 relay but I can't access the back of the circuit board to remove and replace it. Repairing the existing circuit board would be easy if not for the fact the manufacturer placed it into a plastic case and drowned the board in a silicon rubber. All the plumbers tell me it's easier to just replace the unit at $1k...

Such manufacturering techniques and planned obsolescence are real shitty in my view :mad: I swear i'll thump the next person that tells me they are saving the environment by not packing my weekly shopping in supposed one use plastic bags :eek::p

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah this aircon has been limping along since we bought the place. Its an old LG system, around 14-15kW. Already had it repaired once and now the compressor is on its way out, the thing just trips out when trying to use the heat function.

Got quoted $5.5k for a new compressor, or $15k for a new Daikin and MyAir zone controller. What makes it worse is on the roof we have the pool heating so thats gotta come off. Its been stuck on the roof so to remove it will wreck it, so more $ to replace haha.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah this aircon has been limping along since we bought the place. Its an old LG system, around 14-15kW. Already had it repaired once and now the compressor is on its way out, the thing just trips out when trying to use the heat function.

Got quoted $5.5k for a new compressor, or $15k for a new Daikin and MyAir zone controller. What makes it worse is on the roof we have the pool heating so thats gotta come off. Its been stuck on the roof so to remove it will wreck it, so more $ to replace haha.
Old A/C unit at my last place was tripping on and off like a mofo. Did a test, replaced a capacitor ($15 from memory) and then all good.
Put a bigger unit in 4years later and sold the old one for $100

Hopefully yours also is such a small issue and easy fix (if someone will actually look into it closer)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old A/C unit at my last place was tripping on and off like a mofo. Did a test, replaced a capacitor ($15 from memory) and then all good.
Put a bigger unit in 4years later and sold the old one for $100

Hopefully yours also is such a small issue and easy fix (if someone will actually look into it closer)

I wouldn't even know where to start TBH. We got an aircon mob out who diagnosed a failing compressor that is drawing too much current, hence it tripping out.

Strange this is, it works perfect in summer when using cooling, only in winter it had issues but not 100% of the time though. For example if we try to use it first thing in the morning when its the coldest, it trips out. Later on when it warms up a bit, no issues!