Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need a pic of a VE SS on King sssl springs and a pic on ssl.

Manwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan manual
Just trying to figure what spring i actually want to run have 19s on the FE2 suspension can't find a pic with both that are sedans and the V8 SS.
Thanks
I'll be doing shocks at the same time just need to see which spring is best.

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Here's a few, wheels are 20 inch tho, has Boge's shortened shocks sssl rears and ssl fronts..

a3ytezab.jpg
a2ubesy3.jpg

And a few with 22's
u2uqa2as.jpg
e3y6ynar.jpg

Manwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan manual
Thanks mate much appreciated are your guards rolled? You think sssl would go on the front without rubbing? How are the boge shocks?

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Thanks mate much appreciated are your guards rolled? You think sssl would go on the front without rubbing? How are the boge shocks?

No worries, I was lucky enough to get away with not rollin the guards with either wheels, I did however have sssl's in the front and they scrubbed, so I went with ssl's up front.. The shocks are great imo, I also did the sway bars so the handling is great..

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
No worries, I was lucky enough to get away with not rollin the guards with either wheels, I did however have sssl's in the front and they scrubbed, so I went with ssl's up front.. The shocks are great imo, I also did the sway bars so the handling is great..

Hey mate, with those 20" rims, what offset are they? I am about to lower mine with sssl for front and ssl for back(since the front arches have ~65mm gaps and rear arches have ~50mm gaps), then a set of 20s, u recon that's gonna scrub from ur experience with 20s on? I wanna get a 10mm gap in all arches after lowering, but that's too low for the front and when I turn and hit a bump it will scrub yeah?

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Hey mate, with those 20" rims, what offset are they? I am about to lower mine with sssl for front and ssl for back, u recon that's no good from ur experience with 20s on? I wanna get a 10mm gap in all arches after lowering, but that's too low for the front and when I turn and hit a bump it will scrub yeah?

Yeah mate, swap em around.. The gaps between your wheels n guards won't match but your car will sit level as for offsets I wouldn't have a clue ay, I can check tomorrow for ya :)

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
Yeah mate, swap em around.. The gaps between your wheels n guards won't match but your car will sit level as for offsets I wouldn't have a clue ay, I can check tomorrow for ya :)

Cheers for the quick reply mate. I am not fussed if the car tilts forward a tad, I only care about the gaps in the arches. To me that's the first and biggest visual impact after lowering. And of course I don't want the front wheels to rub when turning and going over bumps.

What's the gaps you have roughly at the moment?

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Cheers for the quick reply mate. I am not fussed if the car tilts forward a tad, I only care about the gaps in the arches. To me that's the first and biggest visual impact after lowering. And of course I don't want the front wheels to rub when turning and going over bumps.

What's the gaps you have roughly at the moment?

Too easy mate. Yeah I know where ya coming from with the visual aspect but they look the goods with the arse dropped an inch lower than the front and it'll sit right too.. I'd measure it for ya mate but the car's in Sydney coppin an engine rebuild atm. Ah that means I can't get the offsets till its back either, damn..

Manwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan manual
Mines totally opposite 65 rear 45-50 front