Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need a pic of AC compressor bracket

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
As per title, need a pic of VS v6 brackets so I know what I am dealing with.

fitting a VY engine to a VP and want to retain the VP AC compressor but the VP bracket doesn't fit the engine due to interfering in some areas that can't be modified, I know the VS used the same AC compressor as VN-VR did so there much be a specific bracket for VS since its ecotec and used the old compressor.

cheers.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
It bolts to the engine mount bracket. you can see where 3 of the bolts go, the 4th bolts to the block at the top left is via a attachment bolted to the block (can see it sticking out). you would need to get these parts from a wrecker.

image016.jpg

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
woah, that way different to mine, looks like a chopped down version of my engine mount/AC bracket

think I might have to make so time to go to a wrecker.

the other side is as VN-VR? VN bracket fits perfect on my VY engine as far as I can tell.

thanks a lot for that, much appreciated.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I just fitted a VS ecotec to a VY, and when I went to fit the A/C compressor, I found the passenger side engine mount bracket is different from VS to VY ecotecs. I had to fit the VY mounting bracket to the VS engine so the VY A/C compressor would mount up properly.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
VS had a different A/C compressor to everything else.

You can use a VN-VR compressor and mount, but you will have to cut one of the ears off the mount, and cut back one of the mounts on compressor.

Or use a VS compressor and mount.

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just fitted a VS ecotec to a VY, and when I went to fit the A/C compressor, I found the passenger side engine mount bracket is different from VS to VY ecotecs. I had to fit the VY mounting bracket to the VS engine so the VY A/C compressor would mount up properly.

thats would be nice! as my VY compressor is like brand new, with less than 80 or 90,000 ks but its wont fit with the chassis rails due to the in and out fitting locations and physically bigger.

might as well get VS compressor as my VP one is worn and feels rattly inside when turned by hand, but its does still works, its the only car I ever had with working air con lol

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
got a bracket from commwreck for 25 buks with all the bolts plus the metal bracket for the top front AC bolt.

AC compressor is slightly different, the top front bolt is recessed about 10mm back towards the compressor.

Might ask them for a compressor too plus a whole stack of other stuff.