Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need a quick simple guide to amp and speaker install in vy ute

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
g'day all,

commodores bought me here! ill have pics of my ride up soon and more info :)
im just about to cruse out and buy and amp to run 6x9 and 6" in my ute, and saves labour cost id love to have a crack at it myself but being my first time doing so can someone give me a kick in the right direction?

im looking to hook the amp up on the parcel shelf behind the drivers seat with inclosed 6x9 behind the seats and the 6's are already in the door cards obviously ill need to grab an amp install kit with wires etc. but do i need anything else? and also where would the best place to be to earth the amp in a ute cabin?

i have a vague idea what im doing but as i said any help or input would help!! cheers :D

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Have you done a search mate? you will find a lot of info to get you started.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
yeh i did a search but a majority of it was custom install etc but i was mainly after ideas that ppl had done in thier utes, ive ended up screwing the amp to the parcel shelf behind the passenger seat ive run the 12v throught the firewall underneath the acc/brake pedels and down the centre console. everything is hooked up but i am gettin no power to the amp but power and sound signal in the headdeck. is the remote wire a problem i have that connected to the yellow 12v cable from the wiring harness from the car ( i can supply some pics) im still searching for an answer but if anyone knows off the top of the head would be great!

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
No, the remote wire should be a blue? wire from your headunit. If you could supply us with some more information like what model headunit you have, then we will be able to help you more efficiently.