Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Advice On Buying A Vs Or Cheap Vt

B

Bulzy

G'Day im a young car enthusiast hopefully i will be purchasing a vs or vt commodore soon but i want to mod it for asthetics at the moment because if i mod the engine then i cant afford the insurance so where would be the best place to get a second hand vs or vt im looking at a budget of under 8000 so that i can put some extra money into a stereo, neons, body kit, boss kit, ect. or even better a vs that has allready been fitted with a body kit.
cHEERS jaKE

D

Dev1lman

personally id go for the vt series II aussie v8...
it is the best motor holden have ever made..
debatable if its better than the new genIII for torque

T

tommi

if ur lookin under 8... r u fussed about the mileage? i just bought a basic vs commdore vs series 1 1995 model - executive. its complete standard with 150, 000 on the clock but in the best condition i have ever seen a car to be in after 8 years of use! i paid 8300 for mine. car yards tend to rip u off - ur better off goin thru trading post or something similar as i often find that private sellers are often the best.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Tommy a VS is the way to go, try and steer clear of yards because you'll pay too much. Even though you get a warranty- the fine print and what it actually covers isnt very much . If you 'have' to buy from a dealer make sure its a Holden Dealership and not from one of the many 'here today gone tommorow' yards you see about. With patience $8000 should yield a nice factory original VS, look for something with logbooks and older owners over something with mags and an exhaust (you can always do mods later). Have an RACQ/RACV etc inspection, these guys go over the car with a fine tooth comb, pick it to pieces and 99% of the time dont miss much. As I mentioned before just be patient champ, its damn hard when your keen to get into a nice new ride but holding out is better than ending up with a sh!tbox because you made a rushed choice.

Jake

P.S

With a name like that you cant go wrong bloke, your set for life hahaha

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
OSLO60 makes a great point.
Me and my friend both got VP calais at the same time.
Mine off some old dude who didn't wanna sell it to me for the fear that it would turn into a drag mobile.
My friend bought it the same price, but not as good nick, nice 17s, exhaust etc.
He has had problem after problem with his, due to being thrashed and neglected.
Mine still runs and acts like new.

T

troy5.7

Here in WA you can get a vr v6 berlina for under 8k and if you want a bit of luxury that is the best way to go if you want to spend a little extra get the v8 version which you can pick up for 10k. The berlina has all the calais electrics but you pay a lot less for them. I dont know about over east but you cant pick up a vt v8 for less then 16k. If you want to go fast the v8 is the better buy