Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need advice on VE SS exhaust fix

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will probably make it louder, not sure on the quality of the note though, may end up raspy and drony though as the rear resonator is pretty small on X Force.

Nurb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv wagon
It will probably make it louder, not sure on the quality of the note though, may end up raspy and drony though as the rear resonator is pretty small on X Force.
I have a stock cam l76 wagon. Has pacemacker 4 into 1 00 cell cats. Twin 3 inch x force system that has been turned into a bitsa. Has magnaflow resonators that have replaced x force resenators, have j pipes on the rear with resonators. It sounds good high rpm and low rpm but is too dull and smooth around 1500-2500 rpm. Would replacing the x merge pipe with a h pipe make a better note?

You seem like the most informed on exhausts here so i thought id ask you. I want a deeper more chopped out note if that makes sense.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That would be the ideal setup if it is "dull and smooth" between 1500-2500rpm. That's where you do most of your driving so you don't want it loud and drony around there. IMO, don't touch it.

To answer the X pipe question, it will change the note, make it more refined, possibly louder.

Nurb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv wagon
That would be the ideal setup if it is "dull and smooth" between 1500-2500rpm. That's where you do most of your driving so you don't want it loud and drony around there. IMO, don't touch it.

To answer the X pipe question, it will change the note, make it more refined, possibly louder.

I had a H pipe fitted where the x force x pipe was. Wow what a difference. Has a angry bark to it now really deep. Sounds awesome. Almost like a merc amg 63 or something.