Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need an idea for personal number plate for my ve Calais any ideas ???

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Just get the plates colour matched or something

IMPO personalised plates with letters and numbers trying to make up words are a wank, typically that only the person who "made up the thing" can actually understand, or care

Colour matched plates are a one off payment that can possibly be justified, but giving more money to the government, every year, to have "personalised" plates is just pissing away money for something that only "brings teenage boys to the yard", for a yearly outlay of around $500.

Found one available

View attachment 240949
Tend to agree. Colour matching/contrasting plates are a better use of cash than personalised plates.

I traded in my plates for slimline plates which contrast well with the overall colour scheme. One off payment, never think about it again, I’m not overly wed to any combos, just asked for the next available.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I saw this on a stock car in Melbourne last weekend.

5tat1c

I think it was that. I said to my son wow I didn't think they were up to 5 in the number plates in Victoria. He said ready it........

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have personalised plates on the Monaro and Territory.
These have been on a number of our cars over the years and were ordered back in the day when NSW only used to charge a $20 (?) one-off fee for issue, and no yearly fees. Then the Govt twigged and got greedy.
Very easy to remember when asked for your rego number, instead of ............. "Ummm, ahhh, be back in a minute."

Same **** happened here in NZ. Personalized plates are still a one off cost but the price went through the roof. Back in the day it was a couple hundred bucks to buy the plate, get it made and registration changed over etc, now it NZ$999 for 6 letters or numbers in what ever combination you want (if available) plus what ever other fees they tack on at the end of the sale process, there is also a $2500 option for just 2 or 3 numerical characters (I guess the rich Asian market with their superstitious numbers is the target market here). The cheapest option is $599, to rich for me these days.

We have 3 personalized plates, 2 that came on cars I bought and one I got for the missus. Originally I was going to get 2 plates with matching joke but that is a whole another story and then someone else did it instead.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I'm in SA, we opt for the retro R&S series plates mostly now. Cheaper than custom and suits the era of our older stuff. Can still take some working out if people get real creative :D

we do have custom, personal and premiums in the mix too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Jackzz9090, it's a Calais, which is a place in France, so consider "FRENCH" but probably too obscure for many commodore bogans :eek: Maybe VEATE is more the bogan style :p:eek: Oddly, the above can't be so crazy cause they are both unavailable :p:p:p

Really, you will have to use your imagination and just pick a bunch of names/things/abreviations or meanings that are important to you and personal in some way. Then go wild on the vplates website and check availability :p

PS: unlike the thieves in NSW, VicRoads only charges a one of fee for custome plates. Wonder how long that will last?:p

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I own three different personalised plates. One I have owned for over thirty years and is relative to where I was born, another is my motorcycle plate and is a nickname relative to my christian name, and the other one is on our Commodore which is relative to my wife’s hobby come business name.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Just get the plates colour matched or something

IMPO personalised plates with letters and numbers trying to make up words are a wank, typically that only the person who "made up the thing" can actually understand, or care

Colour matched plates are a one off payment that can possibly be justified, but giving more money to the government, every year, to have "personalised" plates is just pissing away money for something that only "brings teenage boys to the yard", for a yearly outlay of around $500.

Found one available

View attachment 240949
I just had a look at whether that plate was available in QLD. It is and would cost $2500. That in it's self is a w4nk.