Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need answers about vs stato

Tyrone Connell

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Vs Statesman
Okay so i've recently bought a 1998 vs, series 3 statesman caprice from a private sale as a parts car for my other statesman and was wondering if anyone can clarify some information on it. Okay so it has a pop riveted plate in the engine bay which says "HSV PERFORMANCE ENHANCED" but it does not have a build model which i have seen other models have so i was wondering if it is actually hsv enhanced, There is no build number in the enterior either. What confused me was that it is a v6 motor and the only modifications was that it had twin plenum spacers (probably from mace engineering) and a power flow exhaust, could it be possibly that hsv installed these modifications? and information would help. It also has Hsv badges above both guard molds and below the left rear tail light and rear window but i guess anyone could've put them on, it also had a "195i" badge under the right hand tail light and was wondering what that is referring to as it is only a v6. Any replies would be much appreciated cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4392.JPG
    IMG_4392.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4391.JPG
    IMG_4391.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 146