Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help! 91 Vn Running Rough!

Jimmee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
Yeah I did that, and didn’t help so I put Brand new injectors in and still the same, and yeah just not running on 2 and 5 at all and only slightly on 4. ( I can take 4 off and doesnt do anything until having it off for about 5 secs, then slowly wants to die) but yeah I can have 5 and 2 unplugged and rev the car it changes nothing. I’ll have abit more of a look at the wiring when I get home. Cheers

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
An old school idea. Check the plugs on 2 & 5 after idling. If they're wet the injectors are spraying but the plugs are not igniting the fuel. If the plugs are dry the injectors are not spraying.

Jimmee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
Thanks mate I’ll give that a go when I get it going.
I was just out there trying to get it going it’s now not bringing the reds up at all. So I was under the dash looking at the fuses and started fiddling with a wire that went into a sensor/switch just above the fuse panel. And all of a sudden the reds came up better than ever went to start it and it turned over but didn’t quite start... that’s all I got out of it won’t even go back to reds. Does anyone know what this sensor is ? It goes into a black box kind of thing and has 2 wires going to it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Aftermarket immobilizer?

Jimmee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
Aftermarket immobilizer?
Um possibly. I’m pretty sure the guy that had it before me must have bypassed the immobiliser there is a small black box under the passenger side dash, the wires that go to that have been bridged