Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help(93 vp tranny problem)

1996_Vs_Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 Vs
can anyone help me please.................................................................................................... now i seem to hae a problem with the transmission..... i have to rev it around 3000rpm to move in reverse(slowly) and it stays in first longer than its ment to(still changes to second)...... could this be the torque convertor is stuffed or just the bands need tightning????? or do i need another box??

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
you need more fluid, check the level when hot . if fluid doesnt help chuck out the box

1996_Vs_Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 Vs
fluid is fine.... i was hoping not to replace the box..... dont have the funds haha

Budmulla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
What you describe sounds the same as a problem with a parts car i brought recently.... The buggered box was half the reason they sold it off.... that and a diff problem.

I also would like to know what causes this and what would be involved to fix it.

At the end of the day its all bolts and bits, and should be manageable (if not messy) to dismantle unless there's specialty tools and bits involved.

1996_Vs_Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 Vs
im just gonna throw the car into a transmission place and see if they can just tighten up the bands or something. i dont wanna have to get another box(cant afford it right now)........ hopefully thats all it is....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nothing is tightenable in a t700 its just on its way out