Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help asap!!car wont start!

v8_stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr statesman 5.0
bloody car wont start and i dont know y.ive tried everything.when i turn the key it makes a ticking sound and thats it,just 1 tick.the starter motor is brand new only 3 months old if that,the sparkplugs are brand new and same with the battery.ive even tried hitting the starter motor while trying to start it as well as jump starting it but they do nothing!anyone have any ideas?it did the same thing last week then when it got off the tow truck at the mechanics it started 1st go! now its ****ed again and its ****ting me. PLEASE HELP!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
probably a loose connection on one of the battery terminals or at the starter could be the fat wire or the little trigger wire at the starter give the little one a wiggle and try it .try to crank it a few times then feel the battery terminals and the connection at the starter for heat if its hot anywhare its not making good contact

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Could be your fuel pump. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn your car to On (So that would be the turn before kicking it over).

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Did you get a new solenoid when you got the starter motor? It could be the solenoid that is attached to it that needs cleaning/replacing. Give that a check tomorrow.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check the "start relay" - that's the one that powers the starter solenoid. The relay is located in the engine bay next to the battery - check by swapping with another from the relay panel.
Re the starter motor - was it "brand new" or second hand?...if the latter then I'd suspect that.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like the cable between your battery and starter motor is not connecting properly. Put the front of your car on stands and measure the voltage to the starter motor when (somebody else) turns the ignition key to start. If you're not getting 12 volts then you either have a bad connection at the starter motor or the cable is corroded somewhere.