Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help brake warning light on dash ve sv6

mchappy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey i got a 2010 ve sv6 and for some reason the brake warning light on the dash wont go off even if the hand brake is down the light just stays on the brake flueid is full can anyone help?

Last edited:

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Hey i got a 2010 ve sv6 and for some reason the brake warning light on the dash wont go off even if the hand brake is down the light just stays on the brake flueid is full can anyone help?

I don't know with the VE specifically, but if it isn't due the handbrake (or faulty handbrake switch or wiring), then it may be that if pressure has been unbalanced in front and rear brake lines that there is a piston that is pushed by the differing brake line pressure in each brake line, and this operates a switch to light the warning light. I'm not sure what the exact procedure is to reset this (in master cylinder), but if reset and there is an underlying problem with different pressure in each brake line then the problem will recur, and of course there is a fault with the brakes if this is happening. Need to be sure there are no leaks in the brake lines at all. To check if the light is due to the handbrake or the master cylinder you could try briefly unplugging the respective wiring connectors and see if the light goes out if one or the other is unplugged. Hope this makes some sense.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I had the sensor replaced under warranty as it kept indicating the brake fluid was low when it wasn't on my MY11 SV6

mchappy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer i tried unplugging from the master cylinder and still no luck i just dont want to pay 160 to connect to the computer if its something little

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Its in the master cylinder there's wires running to it from memory. Not sure if its N/O or N/C circuit

Mong chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Hey mate my 2011 has done the same thing.. Wen u find the problem let me no..

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
So if it's N/O and assuming it has gone faulty such that the contacts are closed, pulling the connector should extinguish the lamp, but if it's NC and it's gone faulty the contact would then be open and pulling plug won't make a difference. As you point out, knowing whether it's NO or NC is important to diagnosing if its this sensor. Is it just 2 wires in the connector?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
pretty sure they are N/O so when the switch activates it goes to ground/earth and illuminates