Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help, Buy a standard Reco. diff "for a VC" or something like a LSD???

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont know what to do???
mines about to go BANG! :driving:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
LSD diffs are hard to find here in tassie. I would be looking at a VL diff, lot stronger than the 6 banger small Salisbury diff.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks, will look for a vl diff

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Id also would have to say that a vl diff' would be one of the best options for a diff as they can handle a nice amount of punishment and power.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
so if i was to get a VL diff it would take a lot more than the one I have now. would it have to be modified or anything to fit??
also any ideas of where to look for one and how much it would cost me??

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
You need to change the rear section of the tailshaft. The VL uses a flange, the VC uses a U bolts. You might need to get the tailshaft rebalanced as well.

I see your from Launceston, there is a couple of places, Steve Orders Autos out in Mowbray, he wrecks a lot of VLs, also Forster Street wreckers too, might have a good diff for you.
Oh and another thing, how low is the VC, what rims are you running and what width tyres too. This VL diff is a little longer than the Salisbury, might rub on the guards

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks, ive been to steve orders and had a look for some stuff for it before but didnt think to look for any VLs,
it has been lowerd, but not properly. the guy that ownd it before me just chopped the springs instead of getting smaller ones. "a full car load scrapes guards." but I will have to get new shocks and springs soon anyway.
I only have 14" Centerlines and the tyres are 8-9 inches wide.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
DAN SHEEDY said:
"a full car load scrapes guards." but I will have to get new shocks and springs soon anyway.
Man thats bad, what spring to the guy chop soft ones. The only way if you are going to chop springs is if they are heavey duty spring as it takes more for them to compres.

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
they are just the standard ones......... as they are crap.
the car isnt even really that low, its just because they were crap springs and he chopped them. "obviously I dont drive with a car load that often"

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Well hear is a pic of my car with choped heavy duty spring in it, and the the rear end bearly moves when weight is in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 231