Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help buying car...

magpies1

I ARE SOOPER DOOPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
fast car

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
looks alright from what i can see in the pics, call up racq and get them to check it out (cost about 120 ish) they'll do a writen report for ya for peace of mind both me and the missus regret not doing it when we picked our cars up.
fyi if he mentions a cop chip thats bs there's threads on here discussing them and they are a load of rubbish

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Mate, if it was my first car, i'd steer well clear of it. To start with, 18 inch rims might be appealing, but keeping in mind it's your very first car, think of the general running cost's of a car, plus rego insurance ect, and then factor in tyre bill's for 18's. They aint cheap... Plus the vehicle is somewhat modified and that pod filter -:bang: it's obviously been owned and modified by some body who has no clue. Nothing wrong with a VS in general though it that's what your looking for. And as a bonus, run of the mill VS Commodores don't hold a great deal of resale value, meaning their will be plenty to choose from on the market, compared to say a VL...In that said, for that money, you can do a lot better. :thumbsup:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
if its looks as good close up as it does in the photos, and it drive fine...and its what you want, i say go for it, we just sold our vs that we had for more then 13 years for more then that, so it looks like a good buy.

as for the tyres, 18's are the new 17's tyres, are around $120, for reasonable ones, can find cheap ones for $90 if your game enough

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Always try and get a roadworthy with it though. if its registered and they aren't selling it with a roadworthy then say it is illegal to sell it with reg and without a roadworthy (which is true), it is one less hassle you have to deal with...

As said, consider running costs on your first car...