Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Need help deciding on exhaust for supercharged V6

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are no 100cpsi cats that are street legal (that is, meets EPA requirements).

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Hey mate, the 200cpi are legal then?
Also, just out of curiousty have you had your car dynoed? What power is it making?

Cheers,
Izzy

My 200cpi cats are legal as far as I know. I was just pulled up the other week and the police stuck some sort of infrared thermometer on my cat to check to see if it was working and I passed - though I haven't had a EPA emissions test done.
I have had my ute on the dyno and it's pulling 237KW at the wheels.

And yes i was referring to the exhaust equaliser when talking about H and X pipes - X is so much better - a little bit quieter compared to the H setup too.

And to explain the cats, CPI stands for something like cells per inch. The higher the number obviously the better the filtering capability, but less flow.

Last edited:

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
My 200cpi cats are legal as far as I know. I was just pulled up the other week and the police stuck some sort of infrared thermometer on my cat to check to see if it was working and I passed - though I haven't had a EPA emissions test done.
I have had my ute on the dyno and it's pulling 237KW at the wheels.

And yes i was referring to the exhaust equaliser when talking about H and X pipes - X is so much better - a little bit quieter compared to the H setup too.

And to explain the cats, CPI stands for something like cells per inch. The higher the number obviously the better the filtering capability, but less flow.

Thanks for the info mate, I ended up going with a twin 2.5" system as mentioned above. Yourself and a lot of people recommended the same thing.
Pacemaker's into twin stainless 200cpi cats and twin 2.5" pipes. (X type system)

Cheers

Gillyvrcalaisvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
So what did u end up going with I have a supercharged statesman with extractors into twin mufflers that are a 2 .5 system and I also a Calais worked v6 with a mild a cam with my questions is the 3 inch exhaust is system going to be any different performance wise I know the engine will breath better and be less restricted but when u look at it its 3.0 single exhaust muffler flow against two 2.5 / 5.0 flow all up apologies if ? dosent make sense because curious to opinions because I’ve run a twin 2 1/2 system on a worked 202 engine and put a 3 inch system on same engine to find the 2 1/2 was better match

H

harrop.senator

Twin 2.5" is close to being equal to single 3.5"

Attachments

• pipe_flow.jpg
    pipe_flow.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 129