Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help fixing up my vs

Brandi_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi everyone I'm Brandi. I'm 16 And I've got this old vs that mum gave me. I've been working on it for a few years now and it seems like everytime I fix something on it something else breaks. The newest problem is that there is something wrong with the fuel pump. I checked to see if there was any fuel getting to the engine by taking off the intake hose near steering wheel under bonnet and there was nothing. Do you think this could be a block or a fuel pump problem? Maybe a fuse? Btw just because I'm a young girl doesn't mean I know nothing about cars.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Need more info. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the key? Have you checked pump fuse? Have you changed the fuel filter? Car cranks I take it?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
As above. Check the pump relay too.
But also, I wouldn't recommend just taking off the fuel line to check the pressure.
If the pump suddenly decides to work, there is going to be a crap load of fuel coming out under high pressure.

Last edited:

Brandi_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Need more info. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the key? Have you checked pump fuse? Have you changed the fuel filter? Car cranks I take it?
It's got a flat battery atm but last time I tried to start it I couldn't hear it prime, it just sounded like I was trying to start it with no fuel but it's got over quarter tank full. Is the pump fuse under bonnet or steering wheel? And I haven't changed the fuel filter. I got my step dad to have a look and he said there was no power going to it

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
It's under the bonnet