Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help Fuel Filter

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
Hello I have a 2001 5.7 a4 caprice wh and i want to remove the fuel filter under the car next to the diff I have been trying to remove it for two days now it is really making me mad :bang: I can't remove the stupid clips i have tried everything can someone please :bow: tell me how to remove them i would really like pictures because it is hard to understand if i can't see

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Push the hose towards the filter, then squeeze the tabs of the plastic clip thing and pull the hose off. It may require some force if they haven't been removed for a long time. Reduce the fuel pressure first by removing the fuel pump fuse and then starting the engine and letting it run until it stalls. I have no pictures.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Push one side in towards the filter. Push down on the clips and wiggle it about. As said above, it will be tight, but just press, wiggle and pull. One side at a time

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
what is the purpose of releasing the fuel pressure

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Not copping a blast of fuel in your face. Have you ever got fuel in your eye? Have about 2 seconds to wash it out, damn it hurts.

Less fuel in your lines, the less that comes out when you unplug the filter.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
might pay to have a small tray to catch some fuel about 200ml. if the end breaks you have to replace the entire line.

Last edited:

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Worst bloody clips them filter clips haha. They either come off in a second or just been so long they wont come off in most my experiences. And then tryin to get em off without breaking them... haha

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
haha hate those things! i just cut the hose above them a little bit n then used normal hose clamps to hold filter on...easier next time