Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help inst LvL 3 Cluster

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Now before you suggest i read through the tripen thread know that i have read all that there is about this mod from this forum...
Ok that being said basically i need further help in getting a Lvl 3 cluster into a VS commodore exec, as i have read it can be done, and it will work... As apose to what a fkn Auto electrician tells me... anyways, I have 2 tacho's here, I am willing to give one to someone if i am able to get the detailed help i require, failing that, I'd be prepared to pay someone for there services if in the brisbane area "With a free lvl 3 tacho!!!"
I have seen all diagrams, wiring instruction so on and so on... My first major concern is, can the plug from the back of the cluster be wired into the exsisting loom? secondly if i can get wired in will i have access to certain computer read out on the cluster?
both clusters have been removed from VS cars, one a statesman, and one a berlina although other than being V6 for one and V8 for another with a flick of a fuel selecter switch they should be the same?
Anyway guys I would appreicate any and all help to get this mod done :)
Cheers!

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
fuel selector switch only comes in if they have diff size tanks... my v8 vs has a v6 stato dash, just makes tacho read 200 revs out

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Now before you suggest i read through the tripen thread know that i have read all that there is about this mod from this forum...
Ok that being said basically i need further help in getting a Lvl 3 cluster into a VS commodore exec, as i have read it can be done, and it will work... As apose to what a fkn Auto electrician tells me... anyways, I have 2 tacho's here, I am willing to give one to someone if i am able to get the detailed help i require, failing that, I'd be prepared to pay someone for there services if in the brisbane area "With a free lvl 3 tacho!!!"
I have seen all diagrams, wiring instruction so on and so on... My first major concern is, can the plug from the back of the cluster be wired into the exsisting loom? secondly if i can get wired in will i have access to certain computer read out on the cluster?
both clusters have been removed from VS cars, one a statesman, and one a berlina although other than being V6 for one and V8 for another with a flick of a fuel selecter switch they should be the same?
Anyway guys I would appreicate any and all help to get this mod done :)
Cheers!

LOL - if the auto electrician says it cant be done - he dont want the work!

Basicly you take the L3 trip control and 4th plug from a L3 loom and splice them into the existing L2 loom. I has taken me a while to master this mod (with heaps of help from Markovr) but now that I have made the template to follow it is dead set easy. Too bad I'm in SA. But Markovr in in QLD, maybe contact him.

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
I would like to officially thank "vpbt1ss" for the awesome job done in getting this lvl 3 conversion done!
It's a fkn top effort, and the plug and play idea if genious! thanks again mate!

:thumbsup: