Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help please " purge valve "

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Hi all, my car starts to miss when it gets driven for more than 15 minutes, seems to go good when cold though.
It is throwing a 97 code..so i put a new purge valve in it but still throwing the same code and doing the same thing, it is using way to much fuel as well.
I have changed the oxygen sensors, spark plugs, cleaned throttle body and and cleaned the K&N filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor., any thoughts anybody
thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Checked for damage or broken wiring around the purge valve or broken vacuum lines etc?

The VS has a known issue with the O2 sensor wiring that can also cause excessive fuel usage.

edit:

looking at the fault codes, DTC- 97: ccp driver failure. Might indicate a fault with the PCM as I would imagine the driver is in the PCM.

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
thanks mate, i will check it out tomorrow.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached item from the Holden VS Service Manual may be of assistance to you. Note that the actions in the file have been duplicated (for some reason) so you can ignore the second set (have a look you will see what I mean).

Attachments

• DTC 97 V6 Canister Purge Circuit Fault.pdf
    217 KB · Views: 119

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
Thanks mate

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
checked the purge connection with a multimeter with ignition turned on , with both probes in the connection I only got a reading of 0.01... leaving only one probe in the connection and earthed it at a bolt on the engine I got a 0.03 volts..... all the hoses look ok .

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
A mechanic had a brief look at it today.. he said most likely the purge valve wiring problem ..wants to have a better look on monday to find the cause of the hesitation once warmed up... thanks for your help anyway guys, much appreciated.