Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help plz

Salz1VYSSWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Wagon
Hi guys,
I need to find a decent mechanic that isn't going to rip me off and will take car of my VY SS wagon? I live in boronia so does anyone know of or is a mechanic that can be recommended?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Sal

Spb

VROOOM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Hey mate,

I know it's a fair drive but I know a great mechanic in sunbury but I'm sure someone on here will know one out your way. A good mechanic is worth their weight in gold

Scott

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sunbury...sure, that's nice and close.

There are plenty in the area. Google it, find some phone numbers and have a chat. If you like the feeling of the place, go with them.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Sounds like a fine vehicle........ can't help you with Melbourne mechanics, but my advice is when getting prices or quotes over the phone don't tell them it's a wagon unless it's critical to the work they're doing. Wagons share all the same engine components as the million sedans out there.

Just ring around and get some quotes for the work you want done and pick the cheapest and friendliest, but call at least 3 three places for approximate costs. If you're not sure on the price, post a thread up here, people here love abusing mechanics prices from the safety of their home computer.

Also, watch out for 'you should' 'you could' or 'would be a good idea to.....' these are usually upgrades, or non critical work, post a thread here or use the search tool here, whatever problem you've had, someone on just commodores would have had it before. You might even find a thread that gives costs or a 'how to' thread and you'll be able to do it yourself, most mechanic work is pretty much; out with the old, in with the new.