Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help removing cluster from the dash

Commy1608

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman Vt commodore
I just got 97 statesman but the cluster lights need to be replaced, I've gotten it down to the two last wiring looms attached to the cluster right in the back but cant figure out how to get them out as its extremely tight space, any ideas?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
drop the steering wheel...remove the shroud and cluster screws...pull out the small connector bottom right of cluster...and just pull the cluster out the rear connectors dont have clips or any retaining tabs.....the level 3 cluster has light bulbs down the bottom so you have to be careful not to catch them on lower lip of the dash pad.....think thats it, been a while :)

Commy1608

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info, I was just a little worried if I kept pulling it out I'd break the looms from the clips but I got it sorted, was just wondering also is there supposed to be three or four looms in the back? Not including the one underneath. Only asking just in case the cluster has been replaced with another and the odometer isn't the correct ks
Tried uploading a pic but I cant.
But basically there's a slot there for another loom. Is that just for another model or do you think they've pulled a shifty?

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Everything this guys got is way over the top in price.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah......was just a link to show rear of level3 cluster....as for price, meh everything NOS doubled the day holden left the building :)

Commy1608

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers thanks for helping out

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
yeah......was just a link to show rear of level3 cluster....as for price, meh everything NOS doubled the day holden left the building :)

I sorta get that to a point, but he's got a VL GP A Workshop Manual Supplement for $1,000 which is totally absurd.

Anyone can have my full set (all 11 Volumes of them) of mint VL supplements for that figure and I'm sure all will scoff at that figure also.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I sorta get that to a point, but he's got a VL GP A Workshop Manual Supplement for $1,000 which is totally absurd.

Anyone can have my full set (all 11 Volumes of them) of mint VL supplements for that figure and I'm sure all will scoff at that figure also.

Some people think that just because it is what it is, they can ask as much as they want and someone will buy it...... Back when I owned a Jeep wreckers and eBay sellers would ask 3-4 times what I could import a part for from the US and that was including exorbitant freight. Chances are with enough searching on the WWW you could probably find a PDF of the VL GP A supplements, even if they charged you a small fee to download..... Beats me why you see on eBay a VR V6 part for some price and another seller with the exact same product for twice as much....

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
They are just Muppet fishing...have the right bait you can make some silly money ;) ...
I just paid $270 for 4 cam roller bearings (Honda M/cycle)
They may have been the last new full set on the planet...and the seller new it...I needed/wanted them so I paid his price..