Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need HELP,!!!! Spark plug change over problem.

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
This is the story. Went to shop and buy a spark plug of 6 (NGK BPR6EFS-15) for Holden Commodore VY V6 2003 series II.
Not because old spark plug are bad. Just want to change to a new set. Drive back home. Put the new spark plug in and in all of them. Car on "Wish me a Luck". It make a surge sound and don't know anything about it. " Maybe the perform become better". Drive around and notice the acceleration are less power then drive for 1hr and nothing change. remove the spark plug. Put back the old one in. Turn the car on. Notice the difference. The old plug perform better. Of course nothing wrong with the old one. Read the blog in internet. Says "got to be 1.5. and not just that also got to recheck it because it not always the right gap". Then grab a packer. Which got 1.5 gap. Check the the new spark plug gap. Oh they are less then 1.5. Re change it by put the flat screw driver between and bent it up to the right gap. And remove old spark plug and put the new one back in again. "Wish me a Luck this time". Bang it happen again. Try to do same as first time by driving around for 30min. Nothing change . Back home. remove spark plug. And then I just broken one off. And one also got the white thing come off a bit. So I left with a 4 good one. Put all the old plug back in. Next day after work. I brought a 2 new spark plug including the gaping tool. And came back home. Check the gap and it was 2 new spark got a bigger gap than it should be by using gaping tool And then check the other 4 by using gaping too. They were a bit too small by not much but I re fix them all. then turn it on, i still got the surge and same problem. Then decide to just used the old one.

Have I done anything wrong?
And what can I do to fix it or make it work?
Will it damage anything or engine, Drive it while it surge and loss power?
Is it because my car don't have a original exhaust system?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You really need to book you car in To your local mechanic for plugs to be changed plus anything else that’s needed.
Oil change, filter change, air filter change, brake fluid flush and change, coolant change. The green one of course.
Stop messing about with this car because you don’t know what you are doing.
Next you might want to change over the flux capacitor?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
oh cool, where are they located? im wondering why mine wont put me into the future when i reach 88mph, that must be failed.

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
You really need to book you car in To your local mechanic for plugs to be changed plus anything else that’s needed.
Oil change, filter change, air filter change, brake fluid flush and change, coolant change. The green one of course.
I change all those stuff that you mention. Not long time ago. If I don't know what I doing. Why would I touch it? Not to mention it. I already change the flux capacitor. And it all work for 3 year without problem.

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
That what the old plug got. Is there any in local store?
go to holden even if the dealership has change there name, still try them and you have the part number

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
I want to ch
If you want to prove me wrong. I let let you know tomorrow. If same thing happen then I am idiot. But if it fix then you are the ......?

Ta Moo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s
go to holden even if the dealership has change there name, still try them and you have the part number
I got the new spark plug order for click and collect. I will try it again tomorrow. If not work. I will go to mechanic to make gossie happy.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I be checking the leads not the first time the wire breaks away pulling leads off. Just in case is it on lpg? if so you need a 7 not 6. How did you manage to break off the ceramic insulator, wrong tool or over tighten the plug.

Attachments

• Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    90.9 KB · Views: 205