Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help! Street Terra rockers on VS Clubsport

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
Hey guys, i just got some 1.65:1 Street Terra roller rockers for my clubby. But straight away theres a problem how do i fit them???? i removed No. 2 cylinder rockers and tried out fitment of the terra rocker and the difference and problem is that
1. the original rockers seem to be made by pressing out of a flat piece of steel and the terras are a vacume alloy cast and their very chunky in comparison. So the studs seem too short to hold them in.

2. the bridge thingo between the two rockers (inlet & exhaust) does not seem to adapt to the terra rockers... is there supposed to be a different set of bridge thingo's???

3. Heres a link to the rockers i have: Yella Terra - Part details what the hell are those little black thingy's?? where to they go?? its got me stuffed...

Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that black thing is a posilock you sit the rocker over the stud and fit the posilock on the stud the bridges are no longer needed but you will need guide plates for the pushrods

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Guide plates? what functon do they have?

and the Posilock things, do they sit underneth the rocker pivot? sorry i cant visulise how they actually attach

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
posilocks go above the rockers to hold them down wards they also adjust lifter preload should be a lock ing screw in the centre guide plates hold the pushrods straight up and down so the rockers dont just fall off the valves

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok where would i source these guide plates from? and do i use my original studs? i dont see how that would work??
oh and what torque do i want to do up the studs???????

Last edited: