Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED HELP! sv6 exhaust tips question

georgie502

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 COMMODORE
Hey guys,

I don't know much about exhausts and was wanting to buy a new chrome tip. I found a few on ebay and I dont know if they will fit. Must it be a 2.5 inch or smaller? Here are the few I wish to buy, more leaning towards the LED one.

Chrome Exhaust Tip - Twin Angle Cut - 24-54mm - Bolt On - eBay Other Exhausts, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Apr-09 19:15:10 AEST)

eBay Motors: NEW PYLE LITE SERIES BLUE LED CAR CHROME EXHAUST TIP 09 (item 230333633538 end time Apr-25-09 14:41:04 PDT)

Thanks guys :)

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
how big is your exhaust? as long as the inlet on the tip is slightly biger then your exuast it will go on... if its alot bigger you will have a big gap.... but still go on... if its smaller then you exhaust is (2 1/2?") its obviously not gena go o... they are just bolt on tips so ya should be right... if ya get ones you need to weld on you would need to get the right size...

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
that LED one will fit 2 1/2" or smaller so yeh im taking you have a 2 1/2" so you should be right

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
most auto shops sell them would probably be cheaper than ebay,

just think of these,

1, try and find the staggered tips, as the outside tip will sit out further than the bumper to the other,

2, chrome ones rust, so try and get a stainless steel one

3, that led one looks like puke, and it wouldn't suit the exhaust cut out in the rear bar (my opinion)

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
led one is illegal anyway, well atleast is qld as for one its a emergency vehicle colour, and that the cops will easily rape u each time with the it is a destraction to the other driverrs on the road fine aswell, would agree staggered twins look hot out the back end of most comos