Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help! Ve battery dead can't open doors to access

Jackster101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden omega 2007 ve utility v6
Hey guys n gals,
I'm experiencing an issue where I have left my 2007 ve ute in the garage for over a month all locked up and now that I've decided to take it for a drive... Noticed when I went to unlock it with the button nothing happened so I thought il change the key battery but no difference....i tried using the key in the door and nothing. Decided I'd put my hand through the grille (mind you I have a letterbox grille) and accessed the cable and opened the bonnet... Thought I'd had success I connected a battery charger to the positive terminal in the engine bay and a solid earth point but all that did was set my alarm off! Now when I look through the window I can see a lock symbol on my dash. I need to some how disconnect the immobiliser but I have no idea how!

Can anyone please help this is very frustrating and I need it for work ASAP

Jackster101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also tried connecting to the alternator and a solid earth. It gave me more power and I could see the dash light up but still had the immobiliser light pop up. Even after disconnecting the charger and closing the bonnet it wouldn't disappear

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As per the forum rules we only allow one thread per topic.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Even if the key battery and main battery are flat, the key should unlock the door.
When the door is unlocked, put key in ignition and turn one click(Should disable the alarm).
Charge(or change) the battery...

Jackster101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even if the key battery and main battery are flat, the key should unlock the door.
When the door is unlocked, put key in ignition and turn one click(Should disable the alarm).
Hey mate I just tried it again. Nothing it won't budge. Someone said something about lifting the car up and attaching a charger or battery to the starter motor to give enough power to unlock the doors.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey mate I just tried it again. Nothing it won't budge. Someone said something about lifting the car up and attaching a charger or battery to the starter motor to give enough power to unlock the doors.

The door key lock has a rod directly to the door lock actuator to override the door lock.
Fully insert the key in the lock and turn clockwise, it may take a bit of force to unlock, if it hasn't been done for awhile.

Jackster101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks so much. I used a serious amount of force but could feel the rod move and the key slowly turned. I feel so stupid but so thankful man cheers

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
This is common on cars that haven't had the key lock used for many years. I had the same problem with my vx. I almost snapped my key off trying to get mine open.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
This is common on cars that haven't had the key lock used for many years. I had the same problem with my vx. I almost snapped my key off trying to get mine open.
Perhaps spraying some crc into the lock will help free it up