Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help vs stalled then shudering

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
hey was driving my car 2 nite did an oil flush and changed the oil today car was goin heaps smoother runing good then went for a drive 2 nite as i was bored got up to about 80 kmh then the car just turned off had enough roll to get into a servo the engine light an oil light was on so i checked the oil and transmission levels they were ok started the car stayed on for all of 2 seconds then stalled again left it 10 minutes started it and it was shaking/ shudering in park then i put it in reverse an it was worse put it in drive and it got even worse drove home as i accelerated it got worse as soon as i took my foot of the accelerater it wasnt as bad but once i started 2 slow down it got worse again the motor seems 2 be a lot louder than normal and the exhaust doesnt sound rite

if anyone can help me find out wat the problem is it would be much apreciated have taken the car to the mechanics before about the car just stalling but they dnt no wat it is

thanx heaps in advance :thumbsup:

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
whilst the oil change info is good it could be random and unrelated to the oil change, check for codes, look in the how to section for info on how to do it.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
thanx found out how to check the codes first thing 2 check wen i wake up
will let ya no wat happens

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
all the fault codes came bak to relatining to crank crank angle sensor intemittent , mass air temp high voltage , no reference signal when cranking and crank reference signal doesnt realy help me coz dnt no wat any of it is or how to fix it

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
Have you tried clearing the codes, as they could be old stuff that has been fixed

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
um nar i dnt no how to clear the codes i will look i disconnected the battery 2 day for about 5 mins and i found out wat was causeing the shuddering took me all day changed the oil agin cleaned out the air intake manifold ohh does anyone know if there is supused 2 be oil in the air intake manifold took it off an there was a build up of oil in there cleaned it out
and the problem with the car shuddering an turning itself off was one of the fuel injectors wasnt connected correctly car was runing really good till about half an hour ago took it for a really long drive then it kept turning itself off again checked all the injectors and dont no wat it could be its got me stumped thanx for all your help

wackywheelz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V6
Crank Angle Sensor probably (under $60 to replace). Did you take the lid off the plenum (under the "ecotec" plastic cover)? Be careful reusing the o-ring/rubber seal, as it might leak now, but with your main issue I'd say its your Crank Angle Sensor (aka "CAS")

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
ok thanx um yer i did take the lid off the plenum thats were the oil was its got me worried dont think there is suposed to be oil in there ill buy both on pay day and let you all no how it goes after that

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
ok i bought the new crank angle sensor ddnt no were it was located on the car looked around and found it such a bad spot 2 put it
just woundering if any1 has a way to get the main drive pulley only way i can think of is a rattle gun
i tried using a spanner 2day an the pully was just moving need help on this 1 plz