Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help vs stalled then shudering

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Have you tried clearing the codes, as they could be old stuff that has been fixed

not a lot of people realise that after 20 ignitions any stored error codes are deleted...

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
im gunna try that but still dnt help me with the crank angle sensor car seems to be stalling more often
needa no if there is a easier way to replace it then pull of the pulley

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
You need to get a helper to jam the ring gear between the transmission and motor while you use a large ratchet to take the bolt off the balancer. Take the belt off first of course by pulling the slack off it on the tensioner. Then to get the balancer off you need a 3 jaw puller. A good quality one is needed as the balancers can be a complete barge to remove. The CAS is on the lower LH side of the motor. Take it out and unplug it. Do everything in reverse but if you can do the balancer bolt up with a rattle gun. Put a little bit of gear oil on the bolt thread too.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
UM....while you was doing the oil change if there happened to be a rag anywhere near the intake, as soon as you start up...guess what happens next....blocked intake....the engine then sucks air from anywhere it can even the crankcase could be why theres oil in the plenum....worth a look check all your intake piping for a blockage....

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
thanx for the reply's really apreciated i mite just see how much the mechanic will charge to change it if its a lot ill just do it my self rather have sum1 2 blame if it stuffs up lol

i have thought i had a compressin problem before but i wasnt quite sure now that some1 else thinks so i might get that checked any idea how much that costs ?? 1st year aprentice wages dont go to far lol the intake piping i was planning on doing that on the weekend never got around to doing anything to the car apart from trying to get the balancer off for about 10 minutes and realised it just aint gunna work the way i was doing it

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
$120 to change the crank angle sensor thats just in labour its a bit much really is there a way to get the pulley off without a pulley puller ??? coz i dnt no any1 who has got 1 i can borrow and dnt want to go buy one either just so i can use it once

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
does anyone know wich way the bolt spins on the pulley ?? needa no cant send 2 make mine move but dunno if it is left hand thred or rite hand thread

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
does anyone know wich way the bolt spins on the pulley ?? needa no cant send 2 make mine move but dunno if it is left hand thred or rite hand thread

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
To undo it's anti clock wise. Just like an ordinary bolt. It will be very tight and needs to be done up tight also, to about 100nm.