Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help vs stalled then shudering

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
as crazy said it is a normal thread so undo it anti clockwise. Best method i know is to use a long breaker bar or pipe over your breaker bar long enough to go under your drivers side chasis rail. then stand back and turn your key to on to try start the engine. the bar will wack the chasis and motor will turn and undo bolt. might take a few goes. it worked for me but be carefull doing this.
then u need a puller for the balancer.

Mattrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina
Lash out on a gregorys or a haynes manual if your gunna DIY. They wont tell u everything but they'll give you the basics. you can make a brace for the harmonic balancer but your gunna need a puller. a cheepy fron supa chep will do it.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
yer i found a way to do it got the breaker bar an put it on the ground of the passengers side on the ground kicked the motor twice and it was undone then took the other car down to supercheap bought a puller 45 dollars and it dont even fit the next size up they had was 75 i think it would just work out cheaper if i take it to the mechanic lol

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
Check your coil pack(s). With the car running, disconnect the injectors (one at a time) - make sure you reconnect them before disconnecting the next one. If one of the coils has gone, it should affect 2 cylinders. If the revs don't alter, there's your dead coil.

Do not disconnect the spark plug leads or use a screwdriver to short out the spark - It's possible this could damage your coils/module (according to a local mechanic).

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
dw mate, mine had like that oil crap built up in the plenum aswell so did 2 - 3 of my mates eco's so i wudnt worry to much, just everyy few months give it a good clean out

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
75 for a 3 arm puller ? forget it, go to a local market or something, they would only be about $25 there. The only prob you get is the thread in the nut strips sometimes.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
yer i went to the mechanic to do it thought it would save me the hassle an not to much more expensive either got it changed an sum new seal put in for 120 all up car seems to be running better on fuel aswell now only thing is wen i put my foot down now it revs to like 5-6 thousand rp then just takes off a hassle goin around corners wen the arse end just wants to kick out but i like the feeling wen it just takes off just hope it aint doin no damage ahahaha

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
[p]wrr-247;1287864 said:
yer i went to the mechanic to do it thought it would save me the hassle an not to much more expensive either got it changed an sum new seal put in for 120 all up car seems to be running better on fuel aswell now only thing is wen i put my foot down now it revs to like 5-6 thousand rp then just takes off a hassle goin around corners wen the arse end just wants to kick out but i like the feeling wen it just takes off just hope it aint doin no damage ahahaha

Might want to get a quote on a new transmission while you're at it.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
*** aye this 1 is deffinately goin under warranty definately dnt have the money to pay for that