Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help vz exhuast droning!! And slower

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
WRONG. You don't need back-pressure!!!! What you need for max power/torque is a straight thru system at the correct diameter for the engines exhaust output. It has to do with the way the exhaust pulses. Some people are very uneducated about exhausts....

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
oh my, plenty of threads about this, it has been proven for sound quality and performance increase wise a TWIN 2 1/4 is best suited to an alloytec,

its proved single 2.5s make good high rpm power, and drone, as you have stated

i have the twin exhaust off an 8, it has a nice little note, no power loss and and dosnt drone at 100-110km on the the freeway, my wagon with that exhaust and a 3.46 lsd gets 7.4 L/100km on a freeway run

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
pretty sure you need some back pressure.... atlest thats what every muffler shop i've been to has said n the reason i went from a 3inch down to a 2 1/2 inch exhaust on my vr 5lt and it made a big difference in power

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
also "SUREFLOW" in ingleburn?

they are well known for the "DRONE FREE SYSTEM" for commys

as far as what i have seen, heard they are one of the best choice when it comes to exhaust for COMMY

and i personally agree with the fact that back pressure is needed for NA engines as well as alloytech engines.

I PERSONALLY THINK unless the engine has forced induction modifications exhaust wont need to flow as fast as NA

it is like drinking a water with 1mm straw and 10mm straw... sort of idea..

i dont know but they need back pressure.. lol

if they didnt need back pressure manufacturers could make the exhaust FREE FLOW without any noise and all that drama but they dont, there is a reason for that.

even if you upgrade your exhaust with aftermaket systems, there are only slight power increase, (that depends on what mods you have done, what sort of engine, and so on)

well,, fix me up if i am wrogn.

actually mate the reason car manufactures use tri flow mufflers and such is they are cheap and are very efficent at quietening the exhaust. high class car companies bmw etc do use straight through exhausts on their sports cars.

sxcmonkey

SxcmonkeY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 commy
oh icic,,,,

thanks for that fellas. :)