Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help vz exhuast droning!! And slower

BeKzZz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
hey every1 i have a problem with my VZ Berlina seems to drone alot now. At the start it didn't as much but now is starting to kick in!
is there anything i can do to stop or quieten the droning??

and also since putting the exhaust on my VZ Berlina it seems slower??? throttle response wise!

your help guys wood be appreciated
thanxx

itz a 2.5inch RedBack single Catback Exhaust

No other mods done!

Last edited:

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
well it will be slower due to the loss of back pressure from putting the bigger exhaust on but it will be made up top, make it less droany is add an extra muffler into it (will also increase back pressure.

one thing u can do i possibly do a few intake mods to get the car going a bit more therefore using the exhaust to its full extent

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Take it back to wherever u got the exhaust done & get them to fix it.
2.5in is to big for the Alloytech 175, should be 2.25in!

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Loss of backpressure does not lose power!! Its all about having the exhaust flow correct for the amount of exhaust gases produced by the motor. You want as little back pressure as possible!!

BeKzZz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
Loss of backpressure does not lose power!! Its all about having the exhaust flow correct for the amount of exhaust gases produced by the motor. You want as little back pressure as possible!!

Do u know any ways that i can reduce the back pressure??

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Do u know any ways that i can reduce the back pressure??

Exhausts can be complicated, the best way is to find a place that has dyno proven exhaust systems. I know Castle Hill exhaust in Sydney have actually tested their systems and tried all sorts of combos to find the best power/sound.

To reduce Back pressure you want a straight through system though this will be loud.

BeKzZz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
thanx 4 the helppp torana355

any1 else hav any ideas?

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
actually i have been told from exhaust guys that have said is that the alloytec motors need backpressure as most NA cars do, as for the way the alloytec motor is designed as a fairly highly tuned motor from standard. but i would agree a single 2.5" might be slighty to big on a 175 where as it is one of the better systems to have on the 190.

but i wouldnt swap ur exhaust i would just add more mods on the other end to push ur gasses out faster, likea pod kit or CAI system and maybe manifold insulators will all help with the power loss of ur vehicle which then making ur exhaust more suited to the power u will be making.

nitronic12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I was told the 190 would be better suited to a 2.25" exhaust.

sxcmonkey

SxcmonkeY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 commy
also "SUREFLOW" in ingleburn?

they are well known for the "DRONE FREE SYSTEM" for commys

as far as what i have seen, heard they are one of the best choice when it comes to exhaust for COMMY

and i personally agree with the fact that back pressure is needed for NA engines as well as alloytech engines.

I PERSONALLY THINK unless the engine has forced induction modifications exhaust wont need to flow as fast as NA

it is like drinking a water with 1mm straw and 10mm straw... sort of idea..

i dont know but they need back pressure.. lol

if they didnt need back pressure manufacturers could make the exhaust FREE FLOW without any noise and all that drama but they dont, there is a reason for that.

even if you upgrade your exhaust with aftermaket systems, there are only slight power increase, (that depends on what mods you have done, what sort of engine, and so on)

well,, fix me up if i am wrogn.