Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with auto vu ss gen3

Bezz305

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss 50th anniversary
My vu ss auto has started over reving. It seems to be alright cold but once warmed up it sticks into second (while in D on the shifter) it doesn't rev to hard to change into third but it revs out harder than it did a month/2 months ago. Thats just cruising but, I noticed the other day when I out my foot down (while in D still on the shifter) it actually bounced off the limiter before changing from second to third.
Oil is fine an auto was serviced bit over 1 year ago. I dont down shift using the shifter lower than to 3rd
Any help is much appreciated :)

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I haven't had a lot to do with auto's, But to me sounds gearbox related, maybe shift solenoid?
From what I understand, shift points can be manipulated during a tune, but if you haven't done any of that, must be box.
I will be interested to hear what other more educated people have to say.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
sounds like the box is on it's way out (I'm on my 3rd box), I was told by the auto box guru who looks after my car never manually downshift when the car is moving but dropping it into 1st at the lights and shifting up is ok, also never use heavy throttle manually shifting from 3rd to D as it's a box smasher.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If you are not having a similar problem with the 1->2 shift, it sounds like you need a new 2->3 shift solenoid which is an easy fix in the pan without needing the trans to be removed. A scan with a scan tool may show that an error code has been logged which could help you confirm what is wrong with the trans. Where in Melbourne (suburb) are you located?

Bezz305

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss 50th anniversary
BlackVXGTS Im from hallam, south east suburbs
id be surprised if the box is on its way out cause the car itself only just click over 120,000ks. its only between 2nd and 3rd gears every other gear changes fine like it should

Bezz305

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss 50th anniversary
thank you for your help by the way too :)

Bezz305

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss 50th anniversary
im from hallam in the south east suburbs mate