Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with coilover install

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
just started installing mca greens and they came with adjustable sway bar links which i’m having trouble with. The front right coilover went in fine but the front left sway bar link is running on the coilover as seen in the pictures. Both sway bar links are the same length (just measured) and the angles of them are reasonable the same but changing the angle doesn’t seem to change much. any suggestions on what i’ve done wrong? cheers.

imgur link cause idk any other way:
https://imgur.com/a/l8gip7k

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I don’t understand what you mean. Running on the coil over? Do you mean rubbing on the strut?

the link length isn’t too important, as long as they are the same length and nothing touches anything.

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
yeah sorry the sway bar link is rubbing* on the strut but only on the passenger side. it looks like the strut bar itself is closer to the strut even but i’m not sure

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
maybe loosen s/bar brackets bolts and slide s/bar over to be central. Also do your tightening/torquing with car on ground.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
also you could try adding washes to top link to space link away.

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
also you could try adding washes to top link to space link away.
Do you think this will throw off the geometry and mess with the alignment badly? and do you mean torque the sway bar bracket bolts after dropping the car?

mrclink

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Series 2 S
Sway bar has nothing to do with wheel alignment. Will make no difference.
okay cool thanks for the help i’ll give that a try and see how it goes :)

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Do you think this will throw off the geometry and mess with the alignment badly? and do you mean torque the sway bar bracket bolts after dropping the car?
Yep most suspension parts are tightened firm say in the air and then properly torqued down to spec with car weight on the ground, this way no part is locked on in wrong unladen position