Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help With Cruise Control

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Cruise control WILL work on a VS low series bcm (and possibly VR). The cruise disengage switch should go in the TOP hole in the brake pedal bracket ABOVE the brake lamp switch. Wiring will need to be added if it's not already there, but it's easy to make up your own patch harness.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
rattattack1313 said:
Markovr just put a cruise control into my Vee Pee for me the other day......I had to get a brake switch for it..from our old shell in tha yard..( about the only good thing left on it!!)...there is a few holes in the brake- bracket, so installing that was the easy part......and then we drilled a hole under the airbox to mount the module on...then put the controls in the dash....then I ran outa time..so next week I will be putting the wiring harness in..gotta drill a hole in the firewall for that......here is some pix.....

which airbox you got in the VP, looks like you modified a few things there?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Its stock its just a few hoses have been moved around so we could get to the panel under the airbox to drill the holes to mount the stepper motor.
I dont think cruise will work on a low series vr bcm.Basically all it is for is the poweron/off toggle.If you could put a push on push off switch somewhere else you woundnt need a different bcm.

Last edited:

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
I KNOW cruise WILL work on all 3 low level VS BCMs. I have put it in a couple of VS's. You need the extra relay base etc, but is easy enough to do.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Knew I had it here somewhere!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:yeah:

Attachments

• VS Lo BCM Features.jpg
    VS Lo BCM Features.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,029

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
monarols71 said:
Cruise control WILL work on a VS low series bcm (and possibly VR). The cruise disengage switch should go in the TOP hole in the brake pedal bracket ABOVE the brake lamp switch. Wiring will need to be added if it's not already there, but it's easy to make up your own patch harness.

If you want to make your own harness, where do you get the connectors from?

Thanks
Clacks

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
monarols71 said:
I KNOW cruise WILL work on all 3 low level VS BCMs. I have put it in a couple of VS's. You need the extra relay base etc, but is easy enough to do.

Is the wiring diagram available anywhere?

Thanks
Clacks

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
Still Stuck

ok so thats a yes or no to being able to hook up the cruise on my VR??? if anyone needs anymore details to help me out just say really wouldnt wanna add another switch to make another one useless if anyone gets my point and if someone could help me out with a wiring diagram that would be sweet but yeah just really confused and wanna sort this out :bang: :ranting:

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec 3.8L V6
hey here is the diagram,note some one else gave it to me on this forum not sure who so i am not claming that i am a genius just helping out.

thanks
Al

Attachments

• Cruise control circuit.JPG
    Cruise control circuit.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 5,548

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
I had to get the connectors out of a wreck, a heap of wiring plus the relay base that connects to the fuse box etc. My ute (VSII) had no wiring in it for cruise, but everything for power windows. Go figure. I used a Gr**orys manual when I did the cruise and power window mods. Good enough for that. All worked first try. Just be methodical. I have a modified schematic somewhere that I will fire off to a few people when I can find it. Cheers.