Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help With Cruise Control

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
millencolin said:
ps:this is what i have so far

cruise control motor
cable that connects to the throttle
connector with about .5m cable (been cut from the actual harnes)
the switches as in the handle that has the blinker and hi beams on it
oh and the brake switch..........i have postes a wiring diagram back a few posts (not my diagram) but it doesnt make sence any one else got another wiring diagram around.....cheers
al

yeah I'm in the same boat as you. That previous diagram seems to be from a VN as the brake switch configurations are different and the CC switch looks to be one that sits on the dash.

I found another VS diagram on here with a search but the connector diagrams on the right have been cut off in the scan process.

Clacks

Edit: Here is the link to the other thread
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=26888&highlight=cruise+control+diagram

Hopefully the info Magooly has kindly scanned will make it clear.

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Exec 3.8L V6
this might be it

hey mate i think this is what u were after,
the other colours missing in the switch i copied of my connector as i have the original conector but thats all, i dont have the rest of the wiring,

any way hope this is what ur were after i am going to have another dig at it thanks for diggin up the diagram i searched but never found that.

let me know if it was something else u were after in regards to the diagram.
thanks
al

Attachments

• vs cruise.jpg
    vs cruise.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,652

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
ps: the switch that i added is in the left bottom corner.
thanks
al

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
A dodgy little paint job that might help. A bit worried about posting copyright stuff. Cheers

Attachments

• Cruise Circuit.JPG
    Cruise Circuit.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,615

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey monaro thanks for the diagram, whats the relay about, is that inside the bcm, didnt think we needed another relay,
thanks
al

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
There are some relays in the bcm, but they might drive external relays as required (as in the cruise control). Current draw limits what can and cannot be driven directly by the bcm.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Just read back through the posts, and I think I have found the cause of the confusion. The attachment that millencolin put in post # 32 is the circuit for a HIGH series bcm. I have been concentrating on the LOW series bcm, as that is what I thought we were dealing with. Hi bcms have extra internal relays for cruise control and power windows. Be careful that you match the circuits with the series of bcm. Once the smoke escapes, she's all over (and expensive).

Clacker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Series II
monarols71 said:
Just read back through the posts, and I think I have found the cause of the confusion. The attachment that millencolin put in post # 32 is the circuit for a HIGH series bcm. I have been concentrating on the LOW series bcm, as that is what I thought we were dealing with. Hi bcms have extra internal relays for cruise control and power windows. Be careful that you match the circuits with the series of bcm. Once the smoke escapes, she's all over (and expensive).

Some great info has been posted here.

Yeah the external relay is required in (at least on the VS) low series BCMs.

I've looked under the driverside cover and all connectors look easy enough to get at. I can't get the cluster connectors off from the back, do I need to take the whole cluster assembly out first?

What worries me about the harness is from what I can gather, the loose wires plug into exisiting connectors. That's all well and good new but I'm guessing harnesses from the wreckers are going to be a mess. Anyone verify wrecker harnesses are removed from the cars intact?

Now that I know what I'm looking for on the actuator connector side, I'm going to try and get this installed.

Thanks again all.

Clacks

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
mate been to the wrecker many times and looked at getting the whole wiring loome and decided to just cut the connectors i needed leavin a few inches of wire on them and make up my own wiring loome as the loom for the cruise (the original) joinnns to like another loom then another loom and is alllll tapes up and a big pain in the ass to remove so best of luck u might be more patient than me but i gave up and decided to rewire my own loom.

cheers
al

millencolin

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey just installin the cruise control and also found the diagram in the gre**ys and was lookin on the wrong page, any way in the diagram that monarols71 posted there is the violet that goes as in his diagram says b1 well on my bcm b1 has not even got a wire there at all but the gre**ys manual also says violet but doesnt give u a specific number on the bcm so i am confused as my wiring loom doesnt have violet only violet/red.........hmmm should i stick in a wire in to B1 and hope for the best.
thanks
al
PS:monaro no disrespect ment just pointing out a difference.