Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help With Faulty Pioneer DEH-1150

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
hey guys.. havnt been here in here for a while caus i been doin a few things but i need a bit of help at the moment with an old Pioneer DEH-1150 which belongs to one of mums friends. reciently one of her sons stuck coins into the cd compartment and now the speakers dont work... im guessing the amp is blown, tripped an internal fuse (if there is one) or has damaged something internally due to a short circuit because every works except theres nothing coming from the speakers. i have removed the hu from her car and removed the coins from it and at the moment it is sitting in pieces on my kitchen table. there seems to be no broken tracks on the pcb. anyone got any ideas of ways to perform a diognosis via a multimeter or any other tips? that would be very handy right now.

for all who are thinking "just go buy another cheapie instead of wasting your time", she is having a few family situations and is not that wealthy at the moment so id rather try help her out.

if anyone thinks that pics would be more helpful i could take some of it later.

Cheers :)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
oh man you have given me some mean ideas!
sorry i cant really help. second hand cheapie from the wreaker, i cant see it getting professionally fixed any cheaper.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
turns on 'stonex help' light. wait for stonex and he should be able to give you a fair idea on it, or maybe shoot him a PM if you dont get a response. But really, i dont think you'll get it fixed for less than the cost of a new one

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
oh man you have given me some mean ideas!
and what ideas may that be? :p

and btw im not looking to spend any money on gettin it fixed besides parts if needed. i told her to leave it with me for a while and if i cant sort anything out just look for a cheapie. but id rather get this one working again caus she hasnt really got money to spend.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
To test the internal amp:
- Power it up
- Measure the voltage from ground (chassis) to each speaker output - They should all measure half the supply voltage (about 6-7v)

If any don't measure 6-7v, the internal amp IC is blown.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hooray, must have seen my stonexlight

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
thanks for the info stone :thumbsup:. i was goin to attempt this with a PSU but its kinda hard when you dont have a wiring harness or 5 hands :p. i will just wait till the next time we see her and test it in her car.

by the way are you able to order IC's through pioneer? at the moment the IC is exposed and looks like it could be replaced with a bit of soldering and a steady hand... or just turf the lot :p

and also.. can anyone tell me what that material stuff is called that absorbs solder?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
dunno about anyhting that 'absorbs' solder. What exactly do you mean??

Maybe use a solder sucker or whatever theyre called

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You use a solder sucker or "Soder-wick".

Yeah, you can buy IC's from Pioneer Spare Parts, i'm not sure how much it'd cost though.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
yeah, solder wick.. thats the stuff im thinking off. what do people rekon would work the best for small solder joints as on a PCB? Solder Wick or a Solder Sucker?