Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help With Faulty Pioneer DEH-1150

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Ummm... As that's an old model, it will have lead solder, so both methods will work quite easily. Just don't be rough or you could damage the tracks.

I always thought it was "solder wick" too, but it says "Soder-wick" on it :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
ok. solder-wick then :p i take it seeing the solder i use doesnt say "lead free" that it must have lead in it also. i once tried lead free solder but it just diddnt want to stick to the wiring, must have been doing sumthing wrong. and yes im pretty sure it had flux mixed in it, might have to check again if i can find it. so now i just stick to the regular stuff.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
oh man.. Stone i totally missed your point about the Soder-Wick! i finally realised that you ment theres no "L" in it :p

besides the point i have tested the HU and there is 6-7v from all channels. im goin to have a closer look at everything inside it. and i have been told that it was starting to play up before the coins were inserted in it. i was told that the audio used to cut out all of a sudden then come back on a short time after. and its not loose wires in the wiring harness because i have removed the harness from the car and tested it on a PSU.

if anyone has any other ideas of what may have failed inside the unit that would be great.

Cheers :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Internittent sound is pretty much always a wiring issue. The only other thing it could be is dry solder joints but I never seen them in head units, just have a look around and resolder stuff :)

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
at the moment the unit is in my room wired up to a PSU, i have directly wired a speaker to the wiring harness and still nothing :bang:

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
hey this is a long shot but her kids are little terrors and have to touch everything and most of the time whatever they touch gets broken :p maybe they could have damaged something internally in the face plate? like taken it off the unit and dropped it or somthing? i might open it and have a look if i can