Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with selling

js77904

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz Executive
I don't know if this the right place for this and I don't want to post an ad here as I feel that is rude to a community that's just looking talk and get help. however I am a bit stuck, I am trying to sell my 2004 vz commodore it is not in the best of shapes its a bit dinged up and has some faults but the car runs and runs reliably. I could fully fix it if I had the time and money but as I am a broke student I have neither. when trying to find advice it's one of two things sell it to a junker which I think is a waste of a perfectly good car or sell to a collector, the problem is I don't have the connection or knowledge to find these people, these forums seemed like my best hope. is there any advice these forums can send my way. any info is appreciated
thanks a ton

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
While I like the VZ's, in particular the wagon being the last of the larger wagons for it's cargo size and I am on my second VZ wagon, I doubt I will ever become a collector.

I assume it is a sedan and as per your description, don't expect to get much for it.

Easiest way to sell is local Bookface and Gumtree for free, then Carsales.com but you pay.

Most important, if it is registered, make sure the paperwork is done correctly, and keep a copy of it, especially the date and TIME it left you, otherwise you will start getting fines and toll costs in the mail.

Of course place an ad on here but something tells me you have to have a certain number of posts before you can do that.

Good luck.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Sell as is, no plates and advertise for 2g and let them negotiate you down to 1000.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Marketplace. Be honest about the car and it’s condition. I’d even include a simpler version of what you just wrote here.

I’d leave it registered. Easier to sell.

As above, get the paperwork ready in advance, and video of the car driving off to cover your butt until the forms are lodged.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Facebook classifieds will be the easiest place to sell it. Give it a good wash and make it as clean as you can. Price it to sell and don't expect much if it has dents. Dents devalue a car by a lot. If it's worth a $1000 then advertise it around that price. Don't bother doing a Gossie and put $2000 on it. You will look like an idiot and no one will even look at it.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can bet someone will be looking for a registered body for a project. $1000 is a no haggle, firm price for a quick sale without hassle.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
just stick a note with a price and phone number on rear window

Steve Bowden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0 Series 1
Is there a Commodores for Sale page on here?
ive spent a lot on my VF1 Calais, which now looks, sounds and goes great. 317kw.
carsales just ain’t the place...recommend any other places?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Farce Book Market Place.