Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with Sub box in a wagon

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Hey guys,

I was wondering if i could get some ideas and opinions for which kind of sub box i should get.

My Sub is a 12" 1500w max powered by 1000w max 2 channel (500w each channel) amp which is gonna be bridged so the 1000w max goes into the 1 sub. I have yet to buy a sub box because i am not sure which type of sub box i should get, also the time of my install (i'm paying professionals to do it) depends on the cost of the sub box. I don't want to just get a cheap one to get the sub in asap, i don't mind saving for a decent box.

I have spoken to afew people about it and i am still unsure as to what i should get.

I have been told to get a ported box and i have also been told to get a non ported box, and i have also been told to make my own box because they said that ported boxes are mainly for sedans. (i have a wagon)

I plan on playing some music that contains constant bass lines and i'd like them to sound bassy without getting distortion, humming or anything else that sounds nasty.

I am pretty confused so i came here for some opinions and advice if any1 wants to give me sum :thumbsup:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Crunkz0R

*note: i find it easier to talk in max wattages because people talk RMS in different ohms and things.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey guys,

I was wondering if i could get some ideas and opinions for which kind of sub box i should get.

My Sub is a 12" 1500w max powered by 1000w max 2 channel (500w each channel) amp which is gonna be bridged so the 1000w max goes into the 1 sub. I have yet to buy a sub box because i am not sure which type of sub box i should get, also the time of my install (i'm paying professionals to do it) depends on the cost of the sub box. I don't want to just get a cheap one to get the sub in asap, i don't mind saving for a decent box.

I have spoken to afew people about it and i am still unsure as to what i should get.

I have been told to get a ported box and i have also been told to get a non ported box, and i have also been told to make my own box because they said that ported boxes are mainly for sedans. (i have a wagon)

I plan on playing some music that contains constant bass lines and i'd like them to sound bassy without getting distortion, humming or anything else that sounds nasty.
ok,
the power handling of a speaker is constant as is the resistance (for this example). its the amp that will be able to put out more power when the resistance of the speaker is lowered. this is usually done with subs by wiring them side by side or PARALLEL. so use rms, it never changes. max is the one that makers of the speakers just pull out of their arses.
not one type of car suites a certain box. port is for sedan just as much as sealed is. it depends on the music you listen to. ported for dance or anything like it. sealed for rock.
now unless you can be bothered doing some learning and what not just get the pros to make you a box. tell then the type of music and give them the instructions that came with the sub and they will do it all.
if you want to do it yourself the get a program called winisd and read the help section front to back and then give it a shot.

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Ok thanks for the info :) i think i'll just take your advice and leave it to the professionals :thumbsup: